[getsmart-l] FW: Reuest to distribute job posting
janet at smartgrowth.on.ca
Tue Nov 20 16:05:49 EST 2007
Job description for an Outreach Coordinator at the Clean Air Partnership
Outreach Project Coordinator
The Clean Air Partnership (CAP) is a charitable organization with a mandate
to work in partnership to promote and coordinate actions to improve local
air quality and reduce greenhouse gases for healthy communities, resulting
in healthier communities.
CAP is incorporating evaluation practices to enhance program design and
redesign, and qualify and quantify its success with regards to its goals.
Project Coordinator's Role
Reporting to the Director of Outreach, the Outreach Project Coordinator will
be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a variety of CAP
outreach projects including the Building Evaluation Capacity (BEC), the GTA
Clean Air Council (GTA-CAC) and the Alliance for Resilient Cities (ARC).
Project Coordinator Responsibilities
BEC Responsibilities will include:
* Plan and implement all day-to-day details of the work
plan and budget, including coordinating with other staff to ensure all
logistical, communications, and other details are taken care of.
* Represent the project and liaise with community groups
and other important stakeholders and partners on an as-needed basis.
* Organize physical and virtual Evaluation Network
* Consult with Evaluation Partner NGOs on an as-needed
basis regarding their project evaluations.
* Train Evaluation Partners in evaluation strategies,
questions, methods, and preparation of evaluation reports and communicate
evaluation results to stakeholders.
* Conduct a feasibility study - including a survey of
NGOs, and a cost-benefit and SWOT analysis - of starting an evaluation
* Based on the decision of the BEC Collaborative,
develop business plans and seek seed and staff funding for evaluation
* Conduct research, write reports, and other research
tasks related to evaluation.
* In collaboration with an Evaluation Consultant, manage
the evaluation of the BEC Project, including the creation of an evaluation
plan, choice of evaluation tools, collection and analysis of data,
generation of recommendations and lessons learned, and creation of final
reports on an annual basis.
Outreach Project Coordinator responsibilities relating to other CAP outreach
projects will include:
* Coordinate and plan a variety of CAP project meetings, including
agendas, presentations and materials.
* Assist in creating and implementing an annual strategic plan and
objectives, budget and workplan.
* Assist in ensuring that deliverables are managed in a timely and
efficient manner and that staff resources are available and consistent with
the amount of work and the availability of financial resources.
* Assist in research and delivery of accurate and timely memos and
* Assist in soliciting, inviting and coordinating with new potential
CAP partners and stakeholders.
* Assist in attending external events to represent CAP, where
necessary and appropriate.
* Maintain program records and files and regular website updates to
selected CAP programs.
* Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental studies,
communications, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
* Extensive program planning, coordination, and delivery experience.
* Program evaluation experience: understanding of and experience
with key evaluation methods, evaluative thinking, data analysis, and
* Proven ability to plan and attain short and long-term goals,
multitask, work independently and in groups, and meet deadlines.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
strong analytical and writing capability and ability to synthesize complex
* Ability to tactfully work with, and communicate with a diverse group
of partners and a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
* Excellent Internet abilities and computer skills in Word, Outlook,
Excel, and Power Point. Database, desktop publishing, and Photoshop
experience an asset.
* Minimum of two years experience in the NGO sector.
* Full time of 37.5 hours per week;
* one year contract;
* standard office hours Monday - Friday as pre-arranged
plus potentially occasional evenings and weekends.
* Business casual dress and friendly team-oriented
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application Submission: Submit resume and cover letter by email only by
December 7th to gkalapos at cleanairpartnership.org **no phone calls please**
E-mail: gkalapos at cleanairpartnership.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: outreach Coordinator job description.pdf
Size: 23427 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://list.web.net/archives/getsmart-l/attachments/20071120/78c21198/attachment.obj
More information about the getsmart-l