[e-drive][WORKSHOPS: CALGARY]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Mon Dec 3 13:20:04 EST 2001

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

Theatre Alberta Presents
Dramaworks Calgary

January 25-28 2002

Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts
Downtown Calgary

For more info or to register:
Call 1-888-422-8160 or visit our website at www.theatrealberta.com

Theatre Alberta is thrilled to present our second Dramaworks Calgary. For
the past decade we have offered Dramaworks each July in Edmonton - but our
Calgary and southern Alberta members continued to ask for something  closer
to home- you asked for it - and we¹re happy to deliver it for you!

Extending Voice with Jane MacFarlane $160
2 Days: Saturday January 26 and Sunday January 27, 2002

This class offers a unique opportunity for in depth freeing and extending of
the voice. Participants will start with a basic exploration of the anatomy
and physiology of the voice, and identify habits that inhibit the free
release of breath. Work will then progress to  building a strong connection
between breath support and forward placement; techniques explored will be
applied to text work.  Please come prepared with a memorized sonnet.

Jane MacFarlane is a Voice & Speech Coach / Teacher.  She holds a BFA from
University of British Columbia, an MFA and a Professional Voice & Speech
Teachers Diploma from York University.  Upon graduation, she interned at the
American Repertory Theatre Institute at Harvard University under Dr. Bonnie
Raphael.  Jane has taught across Canada and the US and is currently on
faculty at Mount Royal College. In Calgary, Jane works with Theatre Calgary,
Theatre Junction, Company of Rogues and recently appeared as Mrs. Crachit in
Theatre Calgary's annual production of A Christmas Carol.

Acting Technique for the Camera with Francis Damberger $160
1 1/2  Days: Sunday January 27 and Monday January 28, 2002

Improve your chances of getting cast in film and TV. This is an active
workshop with opportunity for you to work in front of the camera and receive
immediate feedback  from an experienced film director. Using sides, you will
explore and focus on the techniques required for camera acting. Actors will
also be lead through a discovery process to find their comfort zone. This
workshop is intended for Equity and ACTRA members only. Class size limited
to 12 maximum.

Francis Damberger is an award winning filmmaker living in Tofield, Alberta.
A graduate of the BFA Acting program at the U of A, Francis has acted in
film, TV and stage. In 1985, he turned his talents to filmaking. Selected
films:  "On the Edge," "Solitaire" (an invitee to the prestigious Canne TV
Festival); "Road To Saddle River." Francis has directed episodes of "Due
South," "Jake and the Kid," "Honey I Shrunk the Kids," "So Weird," and
"Mentors." More recently, he used the beautiful South Saskatchewan river
valley as the backdrop for his third feature film "Heart of the Sun."