[e-drive] [WORKSHOPS: TORONTO, EQUITY DISCOUNT]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Thu Oct 25 17:08:03 EDT 2001

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

Equity Showcase Theatre Update

* subsidies to Equity members are courtesy of the professional development
fund.

All of our classes have special rates for CAEA members and are
easy to apply-to online from our website at
www.equityshowcase.ca.

As a reminder, the deadlines for David Smukler's next session of classes are
October 30th, and David Rotenberg's next deadline is October 31st.

"Introduction to On-Camera Acting Session 2" with Janet-Laine Green

This class will focus on camera technique and performance skills, including
text
structure and scene breakdown, communication, finding your character and
more.  It will explore challenges in characters and material.

This course will be held Thursdays from 7 pm to 10 pm beginning November
15th
through to December 13th. Cost is $125 for CAEA and $140 for non-CAEA.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31st.

"Musical Theatre Auditions Session 2" with John Karr

John Karr will instruct in the musical preparation of songs, text analysis
and
audition presentation.  In a relaxed atmosphere, participants will be
coached on
how to build a suitable repertoire for musical theatre auditions.

This course will be held Wednesdays from 2 pm to 5 pm beginning November 7th
- December 12th.  Cost is $220 for CAEA and $240 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE
FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31st.

"Yoga for Actors" with Vieslav Krystyan

Drawing from his skills as a professional performer for over two decades,
Vieslav
incorporates his extensive background in voice and breathing studies with
Hatha
Yoga's approach to releasing tension and freeing creative potential.  We
will
explore the principles of Hatha Yoga, mindfulness, meditation and breathing
techniques to enhance the experience of connectedness with oneself and all
aspects of life.  Regular practice has the potential to transform ordinary
daily life
into an extraordinary experience.
First come, first served. Please specify if you have had any previous yoga
training on your application form.

This course will be held November 5th - December 10th, Mondays from 5:15 pm
to 6:45 pm.  Cost is $105 for CAEA and $110 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 31st.

For your convenience, you can apply on-line at www.equitychowcase.ca (send
photo, resume, payment) or come and apply at the EST office. All class
information is available in our brochures and at our website. Please direct
any
questions to Jennifer at 416-533-6100 x 21 or e-mail her at
mail at equityshowcase.ca.