[e-drive] [WORKSHOPS: TORONTO, EQUITY DISCOUNT]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Wed Oct 31 15:39:03 EST 2001

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

Equity Showcase Theatre's fall class sessions are coming to a close so apply
while you
still can! Also our website is continually being updated so keep on checking
it out at
www.equityshowcase.ca

Don't forget!! All of our classes have special rates for CAEA members
and are easy to apply-to online from our website.

* All discounts to Equity members are thanks to the support of Equity's
professional development fund.

"Alternative Shakespeare" with Michael Kelly

Auditioners often complain of seeing the same speeches over and over.
Shakespeare In
Action Artistic Director Michael Kelly draws on his experiences to offer a
new workshop
that focuses on fascinating, fresh and unusual audition pieces.

The course features up to 100 speeches for both men and women from plays
frequently
ignored such as Titus Andronicus, Pericles, Coriolanus, Love's Labours Lost,
Henry VIII.
It also includes good, but overlooked speeches throughout Shakespeare's
canon such as,
Diana from All's Well That Ends Well, Perdita from The Winter's Tale, Hero
from Much
Ado About Nothing, Cressida from Troilus and Cressida, Buckingham from
Richard III,
Octavius Caesar from Anthony and Cleopatra, Iachimo from Cymbeline. So join
in and
freshen up your Shakespeare! Participants must prepare twelve to fourteen
lines of
Shakespeare text for the first class. Experience with classical text is NOT
required.

This course will be held Mondays and Fridays 6:30 pm to 9:30 beginning
November 5th -
November 30th.  Cost is $220 for CAEA and $245 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 1st.

"Learning New Dialects" with David Smukler

Develop the skills to work  in American dialects:  New York, Chicago, the
American
Mid-West, the American South and New England.

This course will be held Thursdays 7:30 pm to 10:00 beginning November 8th -
December 13th.  Cost is $270 for CAEA and $290 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 1st.

"Musical Theatre Auditions Session 2" with John Karr

John Karr will instruct in the musical preparation of songs, text analysis
and audition
presentation.  In a relaxed atmosphere, participants will be coached on how
to build a
suitable repertoire for musical theatre auditions.

This course will be held Wednesdays from 2 pm to 5 pm beginning November
7th -
December 12th.  Cost is $220 for CAEA and $240 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 1st.

"Yoga for Actors" with Vieslav Krystyan

Drawing from his skills as a professional performer for over two decades,
Vieslav
incorporates his extensive background in voice and breathing studies with
Hatha Yoga's
approach to releasing tension and freeing creative potential.  We will
explore the
principles of Hatha Yoga, mindfulness, meditation and breathing techniques
to enhance
the experience of connectedness with oneself and all aspects of life.
Regular practice has
the potential to transform ordinary daily life into an extraordinary
experience.
First come, first served. Please specify if you have had any previous yoga
training on
your application form.

This course will be held November 5th - December 10th, Mondays from 5:15 pm
to 6:45
pm.  Cost is $105 for CAEA and $110 for non-CAEA. DEADLINE FOR
SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 1st.

For your convenience, you can apply on-line at www.equitychowcase.ca (send
photo,
resume, payment) or come and apply at the EST office. All class information
is available
in our brochures and at our website. Please direct any questions to Jennifer
at 416-533-
6100 x 21 or e-mail her at mail at equityshowcase.ca.

Reserve your tickets today for the exciting production of...

Mephisto  directed by Bruce Alexander Pitkin and Featuring 18 CAEA Actors
including:
Peter Van Wart, Dora Nominee Araxi Arslanian, and John Hirsh Award Winner
Deborah Hay

Previews  November 7, opens November 8 and plays until November 18, 2001
at the Studio Theatre, Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queen's Quay West.
Wednesday to Saturday 8:00 pm    Sundays 2:00 pm
All performances are Pay-What-You-Can - $10 suggested donation.
Box office - 416-533-9231