[e-drive][RALLY IN SUPPORT OF NS ARTS COUNCIL: APRIL 18, HALIFAX]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Thu Apr 11 14:10:02 EDT 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

NOVA SCOTIA CULTURAL NETWORK
CyberBulletin - 11 April 2002

GIANT RALLY IN SUPPORT OF NOVA SCOTIA ARTS COUNCIL

Concerned Nova Scotians will gather in Halifax on Thursday April 18 to
show their support for the NOVA SCOTIA ARTS COUNCIL.  The giant rally, which
is
 being organized by the SAVE OUR ARTS COUNCIL Campaign, will be a
celebration of the arts and a demonstration to the Hamm government that
closing down
our Arts Council will not be tolerated.

Everyone is invited!  Artists, art lovers, arts groups, cultural
organizations, and all concerned citizens who have had enough of this
government should join the rally.  We'll gather on the Grand Parade (in
front of Halifax City Hall) at 11:00 AM and start our parade around the
Legislature as the Town Clock strikes noon.  The parade will be a
colourful, musical, theatrical celebration of the arts, and the rally in
front of the
legislature will feature appearances by prominent artists.

Rain or shine, we are going to demonstrate our unwavering determination to
SAVE OUR ARTS COUNCIL!

DATE: Thursday April 18, 2002
TIME: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
PLACE: The Grand Parade and the Provincial Legislature

CIRCULATE THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
JOIN THE RALLY . BRING FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
LET'S MAKE THIS THE BIGGEST, LOUDEST RALLY OUR LEGISLATORS HAVE EVER SEEN.

For more information, please contact:
SAVE OUR ARTS COUNCIL Campaign
c/o Nova Scotia Cultural Network
Phone:    (902) 423-4456