[e-drive][AUDITION: BROCKVILLE]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Tue Dec 3 12:26:23 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The St. Lawrence Stage Company in Brockville Ontario will be holding
auditions in March of 2003 for its summer season.

We are looking for Equity and non-Equity artists for our productions of:

THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE by Gilbert and Sullivan

Rehearsals begin May 26, 2003
Previews June 12, 13
Opens June 14
Closes June 28

We will be presenting a "pocket" version of Pirates, with a total cast
of 14.

Roles:
The Pirate King (Baritone)
Frederic (Tenor)
Ruth (Mezzo)
Major General Stanley (high Baritone)
Mabel - Soprano
Edith
Kate
Isabel
6 Pirates (one will double as the Sergeant, 2 will be policemen)

We are looking for people who can handle the vocal demands of Gilbert
and Sullivan - but with a "Broadway" flavour and who can move/dance well

DAMES AT SEA book and lyrics by George Haimsohn and Robin Miller, Music
by Jim Wise

Rehearsals begin June 16
Preview July 3, 4
Opens July 5
Closes July 26

Roles
Mona - the reigning Broadway star
Ruby - the young wanna-be, fresh off the bus from Centreville, with
stars in her eyes Joan - the wisecracking friend Dick - a sailor, a song
writer, a hero Lucky - his wacky side kick Hennessy - the long suffering
Stage Manager The Captain - double with Hennessy - the Capt. Of the
Battleship

All the roles require strong singing at TAP dancing.

Please forward your photo and resume and an indication of the
roles/productions you are interested in  to:

David Savoy - Artistic Director
St. Lawrence Stage Company
P.O. Box 2092
238 Kings Street West
Brockville ON K6V 6N5

The St. Lawrence Stage Company is a PACT member and operates under the
CTA.

Please ensure that your association status is clearly marked on your
resume (CAEA, CAEA Apprentice, ACTRA)

Deadline for resumes January 31, 2003

We would prefer to arrange audition appointments by mail or email.
Please ensure that your resume or cover letter includes a street address
or email address.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls.
Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity
form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.