[e-drive][RUSH TICKETS: VANCOUVER]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Wed Feb 6 12:46:03 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

RUSH TICKETS

Theatre Cares Vancouver has released rush seats for Equity and Alliance
members for their benefit concert, A BROADWAY VALENTINE, Sunday February 10
at the Arts Club Theatre on Granville Island.

Rush tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at the Arts Club box office,
only in person and only on the day of the event (Sunday February 10).
Please be prepared to show your Equity or Alliance card. No other discounts
are being given; this is a special initiative to make it easier for Equity
and Theatre Alliance  members to attend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theatre Cares Vancouver launches its website for Theatre Cares Week and gala
benefit
concert, A Broadway Valentine. On Sunday, February 10, over 40 of our
city's best stage talent will grace the Arts Club Stage to raise funds for
charity -- not to mention cap off what promises to be a great Theatre Cares
Week.

Check out all the details below or at www.theatrecares.org/.

Regards,
Guy Fauchon
Committee Member
Theatre Cares Vancouver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broadway Valentine
by Theatre Cares Vancouver

Theatre Cares Vancouver, chaired by Dean Paul Gibson and Louis-Marie
Bournival, is staging a big, beautiful benefit on February 10th at the Arts
Club Theatre on Granville Island.  A Broadway Valentine will be a revue of
Broadway songs through the last 100 years, performed by some of the finest
musical theatre talent Vancouver has to offer.  So far, participants
include: Ruth Nichol, Denis Simpson, Diane Stapley, Morris Panych, Ken
MacDonald, Shawn Macdonald, Stephen E. Miller, Colleen Winton, John Payne,
Ann Warn Pegg, and many others, with a special appearance by Jeff Hyslop.
This is the first major fundraising event undertaken by Theatre Cares
Vancouver in many years.  In addition to the show itself, a fabulous silent
auction will be held on the night in the theatre's upper lobby.

Funds raised by Theatre Cares Vancouver have historically been divided
equally between the Actors' Fund of Canada and local HIV/AIDS relief.  As of
this year, we have expanded our mandate to include a third charity, to be
chosen by the committee each year.

We looked into a wide range of charities and non-profit groups, from major
medical research agencies like the Cancer Society to international
humanitarian aid organizations like the United Nations Refugee Commission.
Prolonged thought and discussion brought us to understand that we could have
the greatest effect by looking for ways to help in our own community —and
this, we believe, is at the core of what Theatre Cares is all about.

After extensive research, we selected the Coast Foundation Society as the
third charity to benefit from A Broadway Valentine. The Coast Foundation
Society provides housing, support and advocacy for mentally ill homeless
people in our community.

Join us. It's going to be an extraordinary night. Tickets for A Broadway
Valentine are available through the Arts Club Theatre box office:
604.687.1644. For more info, see our new website:  www.theatrecares.org.