[e-drive][TICKETS: TORONTO, EQUITY DISCOUNT]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Fri Feb 8 16:38:10 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

We are pleased to announce a special offer for CAEA members.

For two days only we are offering tickets to Equity Showcase Theatre and
George Brown Theatre School's production of  "ROAD" written by Jim
Cartwright and directed by Mark Wilson.

On Thursday, February 14th and Friday, February 15th 2002  CAEA members are
invited to see "ROAD" for $10.
This special discount applies only on those two dates.  However, if you are
unable to make it for those dates then tickets are still available at
regular ticket prices for our preview on Tuesday, February 12th and from
Saturday, February 16th until the close of the show on Sunday, February
24th.  Regular ticket Ticket prices are $20  Tuesday through Thursday,
Fridays and Saturdays $25 and Sundays are Pay-What-You-Can.

Seating is limited for this production so please call to reserve your
tickets early on our BOX OFFICE line at 416-533-9231 (Be sure to mention you
are a CAEA member and bring your association card in with you to the show to
receive your discount). Conventional seating is unavailable as "ROAD" is
presented as a promenade play with the audience moving through the space
with the actors as the action of the play unfolds.

"ROAD" will be performed in Equity Showcase Theatre's performance space at
651 Dufferin Street.Tuesday to Saturday at 8:00 pm and Sundays 2:00 pm.

Set in the 1980's on a grim dead-end street in Northern England, this
piteously funny and moving promenade production takes the audience on a tour
of a series of vignettes from street corner to bedroom, from backyard to
kitchen, from disco to pub.  In the course of a single night, Road analyzes
the darkest moments in the lives of characters all struggling to cope with
an underprivileged life and the uncertain future that awaits them.

The show stars Equity pros: Araxi Arslanian, Sheldon Davis, Deborah Hay,
Christopher Morris, Stephen Sparks and features the graduating class of
George Brown Theatre School.

Come see the play that the Sunday Times calls

"A surreal vision of the contemporary urban landscape…uncomfortable and
magical, funny and bitter.  It is a northern Under Milk Wood, high on pills
and booze."