[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: LETHBRIDGE]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Thu Feb 14 09:36:02 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

The University of Lethbridge Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Theatre and
Dramatic Arts invites Canadian playwrights to submit previously unproduced
plays for development and production during a six-week summer theatre
company (May 13 to June 21, 2001).  The company will workshop and offer
public performances of up to three scripts.

The successful playwrights will receive a stipend of $2,533.00 each (subject
to applicable payroll deductions) for a two-week residency in the following
time blocks:
May 13 to May 24
May 27 to June 7
June 10 to June 21

The playwright will be responsible for travel and accommodation costs.
On-campus accommodation (not including meals) ranges from $14.75 to $28.23
per night.
Off-campus accommodation is also available.

The playwright’s application should include:
-An unbound copy of the script.
-A detailed resume of the playwright’s writing experience and, if
applicable, teaching experience.
-A letter indicating the specific goals of the playwright.
-Two letters of support from members of the Canadian theatre community
familiar with the playwright’s work.
-Any additional supporting documents.

Deadline for applications is April 2, 2002.  Successful applicants will be
advised on or before April 15, 2002.

Completed applications should be sent to:
Ron Chambers
Faculty of Fine Arts
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta
T1K 3M4
Office: (403) 329-2074
Fax: (403) 329-5105
ron.chambers at uleth.ca

The workshop of  Foundlings at U of L last summer was wonderfully helpful
for me as a playwright.  I came out of the workshop with a stronger, more
focused script and I think the students came away with a great hands-on
experience of developing a new play, which is what a lot of the work in
Canadian theatre is all about. –Kathleen McDonnell, playwright, Toronto