[e-drive][WORKSHOP: CALGARY]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Mon Feb 18 15:15:14 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

"SPEAKING AMERICAN" SEMINAR

** Don't let your "Canadian" sound  limit your chances at your next
audition!**

American film and TV productions are finally returning and American
producers and directors hear our Canadian dialect more acutely than we do.
It IS an issue for many of them.

For a minor investment of money and time you can learn learn the
differences between Canadian and American
and shed that "telltale" Canadian sound at auditions.

A graduate of the University of Alberta's BFA Acting program, award
winning actor David LeReaney has acted,
directed and taught for over 20 years. He has taught dialects for
Company of Rogues acting studio, Mount Royal

College, the University of Calgary and the University of Lethbridge. He
has coached dialects for Alberta Theatre Projects, and was dialect coach for
Disney's HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS,
PAPA'S ANGELS, JOHNSON COUNTY WAR and  Nickelodeon's CAITLIN'S WAY (coaching
"American"
dialect).

3 hour seminar includes:  Brief lecture on "the sound of Americanese"
Comprehensive notes and word list
Accompanying audio cassette-tape
Work session with TV and film scripts