[e-drive][JOB: SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER, CALGARY]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Thu Mar 14 09:44:04 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

Special Events Manager
Alberta Theatre Projects
Calgary, Alberta

Alberta Theatre Projects is a fully professional 30-year old not for
profit theatre company in Calgaryís dynamic EPCOR CENTRE for the
Performing Arts. Our mandate is to develop and celebrate Canadian
theatrical voices, through new Canadian plays and the best of the
international contemporary theatre repertoire.

The Special Events Manager plays a key role in the effective management
and execution of the fundraising efforts of ATP.

Reporting to the Resource Development Director, this position is
dedicated primarily to the management and execution of three annual
fundraising events for the company: our very successful Bob Edwards
Luncheon; our ever-popular golf tournament; and our signature event,
Celebrity Hors díOeuvres.

Superior skills are needed in oral and written communication, working
both independently and with board members and committees, marketing and
promotions, computer software (esp. word, excel, access), attention to
detail, and time and volunteer management.

Our ideal candidate: has experience in strategizing, project managing
and implementing special events; appreciates theatre; can deliver
exemplary client service; makes cold calls for sales and sponsorships;
manages volunteer and board committees with grace and efficiency;
thrives in an open office environment; creates and manages budgets;
leaps over tall buildings in a single bound; and is still smiling at the
end of the work day.

We are a fun, hardworking, flexible, empowering and creative team here
at ATP, and we look forward to your application.

Apply in writing or email by Monday, March 25, 2002 to:

Judy Lawrence
Resource Development Director
Alberta Theatre Projects
Calgary, Alberta  T2G 5C4

Direct line: 294.7477
Email: JLawrence at ATPlive.com

Fax:  403-294.7493 (pls follow fax by confirmation phone call to ATP
switchboard: 403.294.7475)

We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.