[e-drive][AUDITION: STRATFORD FESTIVAL, TORONTO]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Thu Sep 12 16:39:03 EDT 2002

~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~

AUDITION NOTICE

The Stratford Festival will be holding auditions for its 2003 production
of
The King & I.
Auditions will be held in Toronto on September 22, 23 and 24, 2002.

We are looking for the following performers:
1.	Singer/Actors; Female vocal ranges of Soprano and Mezzo.  Male
vocal range Tenor and Baritone.
2.	Dancers, male and female with ballet training and training and
or experience in Asian forms. Dancer singers who are applying should
clearly indicate their vocal range.
3.	Actors, male roles 30's and 40's
4.	Male Actor/Singer who can appear 12 for the role of Louis

Audition Requirements:

*	All performers should be familiar with The King & I.
*	Song selections should be appropriate to The King & I and
applicants should be prepared to supply several choices of their own
sheet music.
*	Classical Dancers
*	 Dancers trained in Asian traditional form should be prepared to
demonstrate ability

ROLES TO BE CAST:

Female: 	Vocal Range			Male: 		Vocal
Range
~Lady Thaing} Low:Middle C		~The King -	Baritone: Low
C-High E
~Tuptin          } High: A above the staff
~Lun Tha       }				~Prime Minister
						~2 Boys

Those selected for an audition will be contacted for an appointment.
Applicants should forward Resume and Photo by Wednesday, September 18,
2002 to:

THE STRATFORD FESTIVAL:
Mailing Address:			Courier Address:
The Stratford Festival			The Stratford Festival
P.O. Box 520				55 Queen Street
Stratford, Ontario			Stratford, Ontario
N5A 6V2				N5A 4M9

Envelopes should indicate:  King and I Auditions

Please note that if you have submitted your resume within the last 2
months for consideration for this show you do not need to resubmit.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.