[e-drive][JOB: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/PRODUCTION MANAGER]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Tue Apr 8 14:22:32 EDT 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Job Posting - Theatre Orangeville

Technical Director/Production Manager

Theatre Orangeville is a fully professional regional theatre company
that is passionately dedicated to the telling of stories for, by and
about Canadians. We maintain a special interest in the creation,
development, production and presentation of Canadian dramatic and
musical works of theatrical art.

Theatre Orangeville is seeking an assertive and energetic Technical
Director/Production Manager to oversee and execute, when required, the
technical aspects of the Orangeville Town Hall Opera House, the
production values for Theatre Orangeville shows, and the working of the
scene shop. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership and
communication skills and must be a motivated, self-starter with proven
managerial skills.  Experience in negotiating contracts, particularly
ADC and CTA is essential.  This is a full time, year-round salaried
position.

We are seeking a person with a diversity of skills in all technical
areas of theatre, but who is a particularly proficient carpenter. The
successful candidate will be responsible for the development and
maintenance of our newly created scene shop and all aspects associated
with the building of Theatre Orangeville's sets and contracted sets.  A
wide range of experience in carpentry, scenic art, and props is an
asset.  Experience in set and lighting design would also be an asset

The successful candidate will also be responsible for the training and
supervising of house technicians. We are looking for a candidate who is
willing to relocate to our community.  The PM/TD must have a valid
drivers licence and be insurable.

Duties include but are not limited to:
supervision of production elements and crew for the 2003/2004 Theatre
Orangeville season
developing and adhering to production budgets
interpreting design concepts through communication with all designers
technical drawings of sets
negotiating and drawing up of designer and technician contracts
costing and building of outside sets contracted to scene shop
adherence to health safety regulations within theatre and shop
costing and planning capital expenditures for the theatre and shop
overseeing technical requirements of the Opera House and communicating
with rental groups about their needs
hiring and training of house technicians
occasional running of lighting and/or sound boards for rentals
consulting with Opera House user groups on set and/or lighting design

Application Deadline: 5:00pm, April 21, 2003
Please send cover letter and resume, including three references to:
Theatre Orangeville
Attn: Technical Director / Production Manager
87 Broadway
Orangeville ON L9W 1K1
Phone: 519-942-9321
Fax: 519-942-9978