[e-drive][AUDITION: ORILLIA]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Tue Apr 29 15:29:04 EDT 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunshine Festival Theatre Company
Request for Resumes in the matter of Dame Vera, A Musical Tribute to
Vera Lynn

I will be accepting resumes for our Fall production of Dame Vera, A
Musical Tribute to Vera Lynn, to rehearse Tuesday, September 2nd, and
open Tuesday  September 16th and run to Thursday October 16th, with a
possible extension.

I need three performers.

Stephen Carroll
Late 20's, tall, dark and handsome, legit baritone, proficient at
acoustic keyboards, totally charming in a boyish sort of way.

Mary Parkin
Early 20's a solemn beauty transformed by her smile, legit mezzo with
belt,  proficient at acoustic keyboards. An Ingrid Bergman type.

The Lady Herself, Vera Lynn,
in her 80's, (not the actress, Dame Vera), access the Internet for voice
samples and pictures. I'm not trying to hire her double but general
physical and facial similarity would be helpful as would a vocal
resemblance.

When a handsome young reporter with song writing aspirations comes to
Ms. Lynn's house to interview her, we are rewarded with a fascinating
glimpse into her amazing life and treated to a review of the most
memorable tunes of World War II.

Resumes can be sent to:

David Fanstone, Artistic Director
The Sunshine Festival Theatre Company