[e-drive][WORKSHOP: EQUITY DISCOUNT, CALGARY]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Tue Apr 29 15:49:20 EDT 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcing... Keith Johnstone's IMPRO IN THE MOUNTAINS
June 9 to 14 and June 16 to 18, 2003

Canadian Actors' Equity Association members receive a 10% discount!

Keith's brief description of Workshop One: June 9 to 14, 2003
This will be the type of workshop I always do - mostly relating to
public improvisation (but this time including Maestro, an  elimination
game that I invented and is becoming more popular). If  you've attended
a course with me you'll know what to expect. If not,  then my book
'Impro' will give you some idea. There are usually some  interesting
things on offer but that's not predictable - in the 2002 school there
was some work on masks but perhaps not in 2003. There will be one day
off in the middle of this workshop.

Keith's brief description Workshop Two: June 16 to 18, 2003
This will be a three-day 'crash course' on the Life Game (with some sort
of 'let-up' occasionally so that things don't get so heavy). The two
previous Summer Schools were built around the Life Game, an Impro form
that involves interviewing someone and acting out bits of their life.
There's more to it than that of course. It encourages improvisers to be
more serious, and it makes one reflect on the nature of acting, and of
theatre. And, of course, on one's own life.  The Life Game toured
successfully in England, presented by the Improbable Theatre Company who
took it to Broadway.

Questions or would like to receive the full brochure???

Contact us at workshops at keithjohnstone.com, or by fax 403-249-8670 or
phone 403-246-5496