[e-drive][JOB: MONTREAL--GENERAL MANAGER]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Thu Aug 14 14:51:19 EDT 2003

association listed in the e-drive notice.

----------------------------
JOB POSTING: GENERAL MANAGER
----------------------------

Playwrights Workshop Montreal is a professional theatre centre dedicated
to developing contemporary work and new writers for the Canadian stage.
>From dramaturgical consultation through to public readings, we offer a
unique passage for each play, our belief being that each project defines
its own needs. We are a national, member-based organization with
writing, supporting, and student members.
We are seeking an arts administrator with the following qualifications
for the position of General Manager:

1. Experience with administrative activities such as bookkeeping,
accounting, and other auditing and financial activities;
2. Experience with fundraising duties such as budget planning, grant
application procedures, and solicitation of funds from various private
sources;
3. Experience with working with media relations, promotional and
board-related activities, membership and renewal campaigns;
4. Experience in general management, and aiding in smooth operations of
offices;
5. Experience in editing and desktop publishing a newsletter;
6. Must be bilingual, and experience in Canadian theatre a definite
asset.

Salary will be commensurate with experience, to a maximum of $30,000,
including benefits. The office is closed for vacation each July, and for
two weeks in December.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: AUGUST 18, 2003

The successful candidate should be available to begin work immediately.

Applicants should include a resume and cover letter. Please send to:
The Search Committee
Playwrights Workshop Montreal
P.O. Box 604, Stn. Place d\'Armes
Montreal QC
H2Y 3H8

If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to
contact Paula Danckert (Artistic Director) or Shannon Webb (General
Manager) at 514.843.3685, or email us at: info at playwrightsworkshop.org.

Playwrights\Workshop Montreal is an equal opportunity employer. All
applications will be held in confidence.