[e-drive][AUDITIONS: FOR NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL TOURING--TORONTO]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Wed Aug 20 23:14:28 EDT 2003

association listed in the e-drive notice.

------------------------------------

AUDITION NOTICE for CAROUSEL PLAYERS
------------------------------------

CAROUSEL PLAYERS will be holding Auditions for their 2003/4 season on
TUESDAY, September 9th and Wednesday, September 10th at EQUITY SHOWCASE
651 DUFFERIN ST., TORONTO

Artistic Director, Kim Selody is looking for Equity actors who are
interested in touring nationally and internationally.  Requirements this
season are actors with a background in clown and physical theatre,
improvisation, musical ability (play an instrument or sing) and working
with young audiences. We are particularly interested in seeing visible
minority actors. Carousel Players, is based in St. Catharines. Actors
are required to relocate there for rehearsals but  our productions tour
extensively. We a full Equity company working under the TYA section of
the CTA.

-------------------------
Baking Time by Tim Webb
------------------------

A co-production with The Oily Cart Theatre of London, England.

Rehearsals begin October 27th, 2003 in London, England. Tours small
theatres in England and Scotland until the end of February, then tours
theatres in Ontario beginning March 12th, ending in Winnipeg, Manitoba
May 10th, 2004.

Casting requirements: 1 actor (male or female)
Age range 35 - 65

Special Skills: solid background and training in clown and
improvisation, Interest and experience in performing for young children,
experience and interest in touring. We are particularly interested in
seeing actors of African, West Indian, Jamaican, East Indian or
Aboriginal backgrounds. Must have valid Canadian passport.

Dib and Dob and the Journey Home by David S. Craig
In association with Roseneath Theatre.  Rehearsals begin January 20th in
St. Catharines.  Tours schools and small theatres in Ontario until April
30th

Casting requirements:

2 actors (male or female)
Special Skills:  Experience and training in Clown based Theatre.  Play a
musical instrument.

1 Contemporary or original piece, no longer than 2 minutes. Sing or play
an instrument  Be prepared to improvise and play if asked.  Please bring
photo and resume.

Audition times can be booked by calling Carousel Players
AFTER SEPT 1st at (905) 682-8326, ext. 21. Ask for Donna.

--------------------
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4