[e-drive][E-DRIVE: WORKSHOP, TORONTO]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Fri Aug 29 03:46:19 EDT 2003

association listed in the e-drive notice.

------------------
WORKSHOP: TORONTO
------------------

Theatre Hybrid is pleased to announce the start of their new workshop
season!  We are starting things off in September with two exciting
workshops - one for Classical monologues and the other for Contemporary
monologues.  Our instructor for these two workshops will be Andrew
Freund.  Details are below or you can also check out our new website at
http://members.rogers.com/theatrehybrid

Playing the Classics - Level 1

The first part of the day would be spent 'at the table' - exploring the
Elizabethan world view, classical rhetoric and the history of Elizabeth
and James I reign as it applies to the plays. While the focus will be on
Shakespeare, the information will be applicable to any classical work of
this period, such as Middleton, Webster, Jonson and Marlowe. During the
latter part of the day each person will have a chance to spend about 20
minutes working on their own classical monologue. You should have some
experience with the classics and an existing classical monologue.

Class size - minimum 8, maximum 15
Date and Location - Monday September 22nd from 10am to 6pm at Solar
Stage (Sheppard and Yonge)
Cost - $50 for non-Equity, $40 for Equity members and $30 to audit
(prices include lunch)

Contemporary Monologues

For the other half of the actor's auditioning arsenal, this workshop
will allow the actor to bring a monologue and work on it in order to
discover and unlock new thoughts and ideas for approaching the work.
Contemporary repertoire includes all that from Wilde and Shaw on. The
day will begin with a very broad look at political and social history
since 1890 and then work will begin with twenty minutes of individual
work.

Class size - minimum 8, maximum 15
Date and Location - Tuesday September 23rd from 10am to 6pm at Solar
Stage (Sheppard and Yonge)
Cost  - $50 for non-Equity, $40 for Equity members and $30 to audit
(prices include lunch)

To register for either of these workshop, contact Heather Lacey via
e-mail at theatrehybrid at rogers.com or via phone at 416-435-8541.