[e-drive][AUDITION - HALIFAX]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Mon Dec 1 13:46:06 EST 2003

--------------------
AUDITION - HALIFAX
--------------------

Bunnies in the Headlights Theatre (Halifax) invites performers including
Actors and Dancers to audition for it's upcoming project, an adaptation
of the short story "Manners of Dying" by Booker Prize winning author,
Yann Martel.
We need five performers for this very unique project. We are looking for
dancers with experience in modern dance and/or actors who have good
physical control. We are seeking four men ranging in age from 19-60 and
one woman aged 40-60 to play the following roles:'

- A prisoner
- A Prison Warden
- A Guard
- A Priest
- A Mother

Performers will also be involved in choral movement work.

For this unique project, we request the following unique audition piece.
We ask that you tell us a story using your body, the space around you,
and a limit of three words. We're looking for clarity and specificity
primarily.

Auditions will be held in Halifax on between December 15th and 20th.
Callbacks will be held in early January.

Those interested in auditioning should email Bunnies in the Headlights
Theatre (bunniesheadlights at hotmail.com) and we will arrange a time.
Performers will be asked to bring a headshot and resume to the audition.

Equity Members and Non-Members are encouraged to apply.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4