[e-drive][AUDITION: VANCOUVER]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Mon Jan 6 17:46:04 EST 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUDITION NOTICE time sensitive, please post

Origins Theatre Projects Society is currently casting for its next
production, Doubting Thomas, by the company's Artistic Director Donnard
MacKenzie. This is a coming of age comedy drama, workshopped by Origins
Theatre Projects and Playwrights Theatre Centre, and produced by Origins
Theatre Projects.

Rehearsals will start the end of February 2003.
Opening Performance will be March 21 playing to March 30th at
Performance Works, Granville Island.

Applying to engage under the Small Scale Theatre Agreement.

Auditions will be by invitation only  during the last week of January.
Please send your current resume and photo to be considered as soon as
possible. Deadline to be considered is January 21st 5pm.  You'll be
asked to
cold-read scenes from the play at the audition.

Please send or drop off your resume  to
Origins Theatre Projects Society
c/o #213-1857 West 4th Avenue Vancouver B.C. V6J-1M4
No phone calls please

While some other of the older roles are currently being cast, we are
looking
right now for actors who can play younger as follows:

Thomas Mahoney - Soon to be 18 and a high-school graduate.
Innocent, articulate, anxious

Colleen Avery - Soon to graduate with Thomas, Thomas?s Girlfriend.
Fighting
with her alcholic Father

Zane Growden  - A spiritual dreamer in the small-town world. A hippy
throwback.  A good-natured rocker.  18, a person of colour.

Dante Mahoney  -  A grad-school dropout. In good physical shape.
Thomas's
next oldest brother at age 24

We are also looking for a boy who can play 7-9, musically inclined would
be
an asset but not necessary.

Origins Theatre Projects has been producing in Vancouver project to
project
since 1995-1996.  Writers produced by Origins Theatre Projects include
Sally
Clark,  Marcus Hondro, Karen Wikberg, Gordon Armstrong, Ann Fleming, and
Sara Graefe.  We are pleased to have assisted several emerging and
other
producing artists through associate and coproductions.  Our work has
been
recognized with 7 Jessie nominations, and we are also glad to fund and
administrate the Gordon Armstrong Playwright's Rent Award every year.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.