[e-drive][JOB: ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE, CALGARY]

George Haslam george at caea.com
Tue Jul 22 11:17:04 EDT 2003

 JOB: ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE, CALGARY

THEATRE CALGARY OPPORTUNITY:  ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE

Theatre Calgary is a Category A, regional theatre dedicated to exploring
established works from the international repertoire. We have a five-play
season that runs September to May. We also produce an annual holiday
production in December.

We are seeking someone to fill the position of Artistic Associate with
Theatre Calgary.  This will be a full time contract position, to begin
on September 15, 2003.  It is a one-year contract with the possibility
of extending to three years.

The Artistic Associate will report directly to the Artistic Director.
Specific duties will include:

- Curating and overseeing all aspects of a new play workshop and reading
festival to be held in June of this year (2004).  A new initiative of
the theatre, we will be holding a series of new play workshops that will
be selected from submissions by companies across Western Canada.  The
Artistic Associate will be responsible for the implementation of this
new initiative.

- Being responsible for all existing education and outreach programs.
Theatre Calgary has an extensive relationship with the school board in
Calgary and in the surrounding areas, as well as with specific agencies
that deal with youth at risk.  The Artistic Associate would evaluate all
existing initiatives with the idea of expanding our work in schools
through the development of new programs.  The aim of our education
outreach is to make theatre a more integral part of the learning
experience in Calgary and Southern Alberta.

- To work with the Artistic Director on various projects and duties
throughout the course of the contract.

- As this is a new position, additional responsibilities will be
identified and added throughout the duration of the contract.

This is an entry-level position at the theatre and we are looking for a
candidate who is a theatre artist with an interest in theatre
administration.  Salary will be discussed at time of interview.

Candidates should submit their resume, along with a letter outlining
their reasons for seeking the position.  Only successful candidates will
be contacted for an interview, please do not call our office.

Please submit resumes and letters to any of the following and clearly
label on envelope or subject line:

TCEO - Artistic Associate

MAIL:
Ian Prinsloo, Artistic Director
c/o Theatre Calgary
220 9th Avenue S.E.
Calgary, AB.
T2G 5C4
FAX: (403) 294-7493
EMAIL: info at theatrecalgary.com

Application closing date is August 15th, 2003

www.theatrecalgary.com