[e-drive][DISCOUNT TICKETS - MONTREAL]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Thu Oct 2 14:15:07 EDT 2003

-----------------------
DISCOUNT TICKETS
SAIDYE BRONFMAN CENTRE
-----------------------

The Saidye Bronfman Centre Theatre in Montreal offers Industry
Discounts.  Please take advantage of this great offer.

CAEA members (with proof of membership) can obtain 50% off with Rush
tickets. These are tickets purchased the same day as the performance
they wish to see. CAEA members can also purchase tickets in advance with
10% off the regular price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Saidye Bronfman Centre Theatre proudly presents, in association with
Infinitheatre, George Bernard Shaw's Major Barbara, from October 13 -
November 2.

Adapted and directed by Guy Sprung, who returns to Montreal from
directing William Hurt in the acclaimed Manitoba Theatre Centre
production of Richard III, the play features Noel Burton, Joe Cobden,
Eric Davis, Diana Fajrajsl, Eric Goulem, Carolyn Guillet, Susan
Krashinsky, Juno Mills-Cockell, David Potter and Irene Smyth Simons in
this Shaw classic. The show is stage managed by Todd Bricker with Audrey
Finkelstein apprentice stage managing.

Guy Sprung was drawn to the project because it is "undoubtedly one of
Shaw's great plays. With our world entering a particularly warmongering
phase, Major Barbara is perhaps also the most timely of Shaw's plays; a
vicious analysis of our society's moral duplicity as we all profit from
the selling of arms to the warring nations around the world."  The
director is looking forward to "harness(ing)ingenuity and imagination"
to prepare a visually unique and lively interpretation.

Monday Night Talkbacks
Every Monday night following the play, some of the actors and/or
designers will remain on stage to take questions from the audience.
This is an opportunity for the audience to get up close and personal
with the people that make it all happen.

Box Office:            (514) 739-7944  5170 cote St. Catherine Rd.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4
Tel: 416-867-9165