[e-drive][JOB - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - TORONTO]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Tue Oct 28 09:35:05 EST 2003

---------------------------
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - TORONTO
---------------------------

CAHOOTS THEATRE PROJECTS is seeking applications for the position of
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR

Since 1986, Cahoots Theatre Projects has been dedicated to the creation,
development, and production of new Canadian plays that reflect our
cultural diversity.  We are committed to work that examines the
complexities of our individual identities and our dynamic, social
relationships with one another.  We believe that all Canadians
contribute to the rich and complex social and cultural landscape we
create and inhabit. We believe that theatrical explorations of our
cultural diversity are meaningful to all Canadians, and that this
theatre can lead to a richer, healthier society.  The writers and plays
that we at Cahoots are interested in get to the difficult heart of what
it means to live, work, play, love, and dream in contemporary Canadian
culture.

This season, Cahoots is presenting two outstanding plays:  Bhopal by
Rahul Varma, in association with Teesri Duniya at The Theatre Centre in
Toronto; and The Adventures of Ali & Ali and the Axes of Evil by Camyar
Chai, Guillermo Verdecchia and Marcus Youssef, a co-production with
NeWorld Theatre, at the Vancouver East Cultural Centre in Vancouver, and
Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto.

Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director:

*  Is responsible for formulating and communicating a compelling
artistic vision for the company, one that provides direction and focus
for all areas of the company's operations.
*  Is responsible for all global artistic decisions including season
planning, reviewing and implementing programming, and hiring of artistic
staff as required
*  Implements, oversees, or directly facilitates all of the company\'s
artistic activities including production of plays, creation and
development of new projects, as well as training and mentoring
initiatives
*  Reviews with General Manager allocation of resources required to
achieve desired artistic outcomes
*  Writes, with the General Manager, all applications for funding from
public funding agencies and private foundations
*  Works with General Manager and Board to plan for the company\'s
future growth
*  Works with the General Manager to develop materials necessary for
fundraising and company development
*  Actively seeks out new talent and collaborators who can work with the
company
*  Represents the company to larger theatre and artistic communities.

Furthermore, our new Artistic Director should be a dynamic theatre
practitioner with:

*  a deep commitment to theatre that reflects the country's diversity
*  diverse theatre experiences
*  excellent communication skills
*  a broad knowledge of the local and national theatre communities
*  experience with new work, grant writing, and working collaboratively.

For more information about Cahoots Theatre Projects, see www.cahoots.ca.

Please respond in writing by sending a cover letter and resume, stating
salary expectations and availability, by Tuesday, November 18, 2003 to
the President of the Board:  Gordon Bowness, c/o Xtra, 491 Church
Street, #200, Toronto, ON,  M4Y 2C6.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4