[e-drive][JOB - WORKSHOP LEADER - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Wed Apr 7 14:12:05 EDT 2004

JOB - WORKSHOP LEADER - TORONTO
Lakeshore Arts

Position:		Memoir/Storytelling Workshop Leader, Part-time
Position
Project:		FOOD for THOUGHT
Timeline:		May 1 to October 31, 2004
Salary:			Program Development - $500
			Workshop Facilitation - $45/hour to a maximum of
$4500

Lakeshore Arts is currently seeking a Memoir/Storytelling Workshop
Leader.  This is a part-time position beginning in May, 2004 and ending
by October 31, 2004.  The writer selected will be working on the second
phase of our Food for Thought project, Setting the Table, in which our
diverse community will have an opportunity to share and record personal
anecdotes, stories, and rituals about the importance and value of food
in our lives - food for fun, food for sharing, food for comfort, food
for hunger, food for loving. It is an opportunity to provide an
enriching cultural experience across the entire community.

Working with the Program Coordinator, it will be the successful
candidate's initial responsibility to design and facilitate a series of
workshops encouraging participants to share their stories. A second
round of workshops will involve teaching the participants how to
effectively write and record their own stories.  The final phase will
involve the editing and transcribing of the completed stories
(approximately 50) onto a disc for publication.  Following completion of
the program, the 50 published pieces will be 'performed' by student
actors in a theatre setting in November 2004.

Lakeshore Arts is a not-for-profit arts organization situated in the
southwest end of Toronto. It has evolved from a grass roots organization
to taking a leadership position in nurturing and developing cultural
programming in our community. The desire to showcase local talent has
been the foundation of our success. We often serve as a programmer,
working in partnership with the artist and the arts groups in the
community and with the public to present visual, performing and heritage
programs for adults, children and their families.

The mandate of Lakeshore Arts is to enhance the quality of life for
people who live, work and visit the lakeshore area through the
integration of arts, culture and heritage into all aspects of community
life.

The Workshop Leader will possess the following skills and experience:

*	Proven experience in designing and teaching a memoir and/or
short story writing program
*	Proven experience teaching beginner and novice writers
*	Strong communication and writing skills
*	Excellent leadership and problem solving skills
*	Fluency in English is essential
*	Prior experience working with participants of all ages and of
diverse backgrounds - youth, adult, seniors, an asset
*	Competency in Word and access to a computer are essential

Please send applications in confidence complete with resume, references,
a sample of your writing
(2 pages maximum) and availability by Monday, April 26, 2004 at 3:00
p.m. to:

Food for Thought Project - Workshop Leader
Lakeshore Arts
2733 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Suite 214
Toronto, Ontario  M8V 1G9
Attn:  Heather Dick

or  email: lakeshorearts at bellnet.ca

or fax:	416-201-7379

Lakeshore Arts is committed to maintaining an environment where all
individuals are treated with dignity and respect and equity seeking
communities have equitable access to employment.  We encourage
applications from visible minorities.
---

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor