[e-drive][FUNDRAISER - VANCOUVER]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Wed Apr 7 16:36:37 EDT 2004

-----------------------------------
FUNDRAISER - VANCOUVER
-----------------------------------
IN CELEBRATION OF THE BARD'S 440TH BIRTHDAY,
THE SHAKESPEARE CENTRE PRESENTS!

Antony Holland
in
Sharing Shakespeare

ONE OF CANADA'S most acclaimed and beloved actors, Antony Holland,
delights audiences with a unique presentation of Shakespeare. The first
half of the show is an intimate chat with the audience, in which he
gently explores Shakespeare's language, and demonstrates how if done one
particular way it becomes incomprehensible, and in another way
gloriously clear.
The second half is mostly the journey of King Lear, in which he plays
the King plus the three daughters, and demonstrates the clarity and
power of the language. In fact the whole show emphasizes the importance
of communicating the language to an audience, so that they can receive
the imagery and share the experience.

one show only Friday April 23, 2004
8 PM
138 east Cordova (just west of main)
$25 general admission $20 equity/ubcp members
admission price includes one free drink!

join us for a party afterwards with cash bar and special surprises

"Every now and then, we are blessed with an acclaimed event, an
extraordinary talent, an unforgettable individual, but rarely do we
experience all three, in one person in one night. That is Antony Holland
in 'Sharing Shakespeare'."

A FUNDRAISER FOR THE SHAKESPEARE CENTRE
ONGOING TRAINING IN SHAKESPEAREAN TECHNIQUE

"I'm so excited, I've signed up for my second month! This work is so
important to grow as an actor AND I'm loving it." - TERYL ROTHERY, STAR
OF STARGATE SG-1

SEATING IS LIMITED - RESERVE EARLY - JO BATES - 604-739 7829

-------

Christopher Blanchenot
Communications Co-ordinator
Canadian Actors' Equity Association