[e-drive]E-drive [AUDITIONS- VANCOUVER]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Fri Aug 27 11:15:17 EDT 2004

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.
----------------------------------
AUDITIONS - VANCOUVER
----------------------------------
The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting resumes for its upcoming production of MISS SAIGON, by Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Schönberg.
Director Bill Millerd, musical director Bruce Kellett and choreographer Valerie Easton.

We are looking for very strong singers for the following principle roles:
CHRISTOPHER SCOTT - A young, tormented American G.I.   Vocal Range: Pop Tenor, up to a high A

THE ENGINEER - A greasy wheeler-dealer.   Vocal Range: High Baritone up to an A flat

JOHN - Chris' best friend. A G.I. who later becomes an activist.  Vocal Range: Pop Tenor, up to a high B flat

THUY - Determined Vietnamese military leader promised to Kim.  Vocal Range: Pop Tenor up to a high B flat.

KIM - A young, naïve but strong-willed Vietnamese woman.   Vocal Range: High Belt or low Mezzo-Soprano up to an E flat.

ELLEN - Chris' sensible American wife.  Vocal Range: High Belt or low Mezzo-Soprano up to an E.

We are also looking to cast ensemble roles playing Asian male and female and caucasian males. Performers should have very strong voices and some dance background.

Auditions will be held in Vancouver on September 9.   Those selected for an audition will be asked to prepare 16 bars from a pop/rock musical, either a big ballad or up tempo.  They may also be requested to sing a contrasting song.  Actors who are unable to attend the audition are asked to send a photo, resume and video audition tape showing two contrasting songs from a pop-rock musical.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL.
MAIL YOUR photos and resumes to:

MISS SAIGON AUDITIONS
Arts Club Theatre Company
1585 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC  V6H 3R9

Rehearsals begin on or about April 26, 2005, and the show will run at The Stanley Theatre May 19 - July 10, 2005.

Resumes will be accepted until the end of business on Wednesday, September 1, 2004.   Please do not send resumes via fax or email.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in a production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.