[e-drive] E-DRIVE [JOB - GENERAL MANAGER - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Dec 21 13:11:29 EST 2004

JOB - GENERAL MANAGER - TORONTO
General Manager
Rasik Arts is an organization devoted to South Asian theatre providing
education, entertainment and a rich cultural exchange to communities in
Canada and abroad.  Each season, we produce fully staged performances,
less formal staged readings, and host monthly "Roundtables" where actors
and non-actors meet to read plays. We also present workshops and
lectures. All of our work is presented in English.

Rasik Arts is currently completing a three year Strategic Plan and is
seeking a part-time General Manager to lead, with the Artistic Director,
the implementation of this plan and to manage the day-to-day operations
of the organization.

The General Manager will work 3 days per week, reporting to the Board of
Directors and working closely with the Artistic Director, artistic
associates and other contract staff and volunteers.  .

Responsibilities:

   Reporting to the Board of Directors
   Working with the Artistic Director
   Working with Volunteers
   Create and maintain company budgets
   Manage internal administrative needs

Qualifications:

Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in the performing arts.

Knowledge and proficiency in budget management

Experience working with Board of Directors

Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Word processing, spreadsheets, and internet use

Excellent time management and organizational skills with a keen
attention to detail

Ability to work independently to set and meet deadlines

Familiarity with database and accounting systems

Willingness to work from a home office is required.

Compensation: The salary for this position will be in the $24,000 -
$26,000 range

This is a one-year contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent
position by the end of 2005.

Deadline:  Send resume/cover letter by December 30, 2004

Contact Information:
Dr. Sally Jones, Artistic Director
Rasik Arts

406-580 Christie Street