[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon Jul 5 14:27:11 EDT 2004

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO
ACTRESS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY for SummerWorks Show
Age Range: 40 to 60 - open to any ethnicity; we welcome diversity in
casting. Would prefer an actress who is NOT petite.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION:
ANGE is a homeless woman who writes and hands out suicide notes to
anyone she meets.  These notes could also be construed as poetry.  She
appears normal and has a direct and often humorous approach.  During the
play we discover she has some serious emotional problems and can become
volatile or agitated.  Later in the play we also see her when she is
back on her medication.

NOTE:  Although originally written for an Aboriginal actress, there is
nothing in the script that specifies her ethnicity.  The other two
characters are specifically Native.

SHOW DETAILS:
"suicide notes" by Kenneth Williams
directed by Vinetta Strombergs
2 other actors confirmed:  Michelle St. John & Ryan Cunningham

Playing on Factory Mainstage - show is one hour long.
Rehearsal period during July, flexible times and dates - max. 3 hour
sessions, 3 times a week.

MUST be available for tech/dress and shows on the following dates: Wed.
Aug. 4 - 9:30 am - NOON
Friday Aug. 6th at 8 pm
Saturday Aug. 7th at 5 pm
Monday Aug. 9th at 9:30 pm
Wednesday Aug. 11th at 6:30 pm
Thursday Aug. 12th at 11 pm
Sunday 15th at 3:30 pm

If interested in reading for the role,
Please call Vinetta Strombergs  a.s.a.p.
at Theatre Ontario 416-408-4556
after 6 pm call 416-434-0201

Equity members participating in this production will be signed to a
Fringe waiver and all net proceeds from the production will be divided
equally among the participants

44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor