[e-drive][WORKSHOP - SHAKESPEARE FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE BRAIN - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon Jun 28 01:55:41 EDT 2004

---------------------
WORKSHOP - SHAKESPEARE FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE BRAIN - TORONTO
---------------------
with Kate Hennig

What fun! We get to put all our faculties to work on this little sucker.
On alternate evenings we will approach a piece of text that you will
bring (a completely unfamiliar piece of Shakespearean verse) using
different brain functions. So, Wednesday nights we'll look at analysis,
rhythm and poetry, etc., and use our thinkers (and maybe dance a bit).
Then on Friday nights we'll look at kinaesthetic understanding of the
words and thoughts and feelings, at abstract associations, and using our
intuition. It is a great way to even the playing field. And then on the
last night we'll put it all together. Absolutely no acting required. In
fact, acting hats are left at the door. This just gets you to a place
where you have enough information to start making choices for acting!
And then of course the work can be applied to almost any text that you
are working on. It's a great way to sharpen up your tool kit, or to
learn to bake the cake from scratch.

Hope you can join me at:

Nightwood/Tapestry Studio in The Distillery
Wednesday and Friday evenings 6:30 - 9:30pm
July 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30.
That's eighteen hours of class!

The cost is $200 for Equity Members, $250 for Non-Equity.

Call or email to reserve your place.
Kate Hennig
miskate at allstream.net
416-366-5980

Kate Hennig is a highly experienced and diverse theatre artist, with
twenty-three years of professional work and over 80 productions to her
credit. She has received a Dora Award, three Betty Mitchell Awards, and
a Genie Award Nomination for her acting work. She has an MA with
Distinction in Voice Studies from the Central School of Speech and Drama
in London, England.