[e-drive][JOB - STAGE MANAGER APPRENTICESHIP - CHEMAINUS]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Wed Mar 3 15:48:04 EST 2004

JOB - STAGE MANAGER APPRENTICESHIP - CHEMAINUS

Chemainus Theatre is looking for an Apprentice Stage Manager for their
Young Company Apprenticeship program.  Apprenticeship dates: early June
2004 - end of August 2005.
The Young Company Apprenticeship program is designed for individuals
with post secondary theatre training, who are bridging the gap into the
professional world.  It provides an opportunity a year of residency of
experience working in a professional producing theatre.
The position includes:
*	Opportunity to ASM on 5 to 6 Centrestage productions under our
resident and guest Stage Managers.
*	Stage Manage a Theatre for Young Audiences production.
*	Coordinate schedules for the Young Company Apprenticeship
Program.

Qualifications: We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a
willingness to learn, and:
*	The intention to become a professional Stage Manager.
*	Strong organizational and people skills, with a good knowledge
of rehearsal procedures and protocol.
*	Experience and resourcefulness in handling emergency situations.

To apply: email, fax, or mail cover letter and resume to:
The Chemainus Theatre Festival
ATTN: Alex Currie, Resident Stage Manager
P.O. Box 1000
Chemainus, BC
V0R 1K0
Email: acurrie at chemainustheatre.ca

Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview process.
Please do not telephone.
The Chemainus Theatre provides furnished housing, and a weekly stipend
for living expenses.
For more information, visit our Education webpage at:
http://www.chemainustheatrefestival.ca/

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4