[e-drive][EQUIFLASH - ANTI-VIRUS MEASURES REMINDER]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Fri Mar 5 10:42:04 EST 2004

-------------------------------
ANTI-VIRUS MEASURES REMINDER
-------------------------------

This is just a reminder. Our system is free from viruses and NEVER SENDS
ATTACHMENTS.

E-drive is a valuable service that sends Equity auditions, career
opportunities, workshops and news bulletins directly to your e-mail
account.

Equity has implemented another, password protected step in the process
that prevents any viruses from being sent from our office. However, if
anyone we have contact with has a virus-infected computer, the virus
could take our address from their contacts list. The virus attempts to
propagate itself by forging our address as the Sender, and then sending
itself to everyone else on the contacts list. This may account for a
recent spate of people receiving e-mails purportedly from
administration at caea.com or support at caea.com.  Currently only Darlene
Bullard or Chris Blanchenot are authorized to send out e-drive notices
and attachments are never sent through the list.

All the basics of virus protection should still apply in preventing
exposure to viruses on your computer.

1)	Do not open attachments you are not expecting. . . even from a
'trusted' source. The viruses prey on people's curiosity as well as
their automatic habits and responses. Always question file attachments.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association, through our e-drive system, never
sends attachments.

2)	If you receive a questionable attachment from a trusted source
e-mail the person back to confirm that they have sent you a file.

3)	Always have antivirus software installed on your machine and
keep it up-to-date with the new virus definitions and patches.

4)	Never open any .exe, .scr, .zip or .pif attachments.

For more information on viruses and worms, go to
http://www.microsoft.com/security,

Communications Department
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor