[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - VANCOUVER]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon Mar 15 13:29:53 EST 2004

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - VANCOUVER
Monologues from Emerging Playwrights

SOLO COLLECTIVE, the award-winning Vancouver theatre company that produces original work by Western Canadian playwrights, wants to showcase your new script.  We will select five scripts from contest entries, to be developed and presented at a public reading in summer 2004.    Please submit your properly formatted monologue (see below) to:

Aaron Bushkowsky/Johnna Wright
Solo Collective Theatre
#313 – 1045 West 14th Ave.
Vancouver, BC  V6H 1P4

Submission Requirements:
‡ typed double-spaced
‡ courier or Times Roman font
‡ pages numbered
‡ your name and the title on each page
‡ maximum length 2000 words
‡ $25 Submission fee (cheques only, made out to Solo Collective Theatre Society)

Deadline is May 15, 2004. Five winners will be announced at the end of May and will receive: ‡ professional dramaturgy from Aaron Bushkowsky, Johnna Wright and Jennifer Lord ‡ a public reading by professional actors from the community ‡ a profile in the Solo Collective Newsletter
‡ other promotion associated with the showcase event

The public readings will take place in June as part of Solo Collective’s high-profile summer preview event, along with a reading from newly-published plays produced by Solo Collective and, of course, the preview of our new plays in development.  Your theatre colleagues will have the opportunity to see your work read by high-calibre professional actors from the community.

Over the past five years Solo Collective has produced more original scripts than any other theatre company in Vancouver. Two of our last four shows were nominated for Jessie Theatre Awards for Outstanding Production, and our playwrights have been nominated in every year for Outstanding Script.

Please note that winning playwrights must provide their own travel and accommodation costs if they need to travel to Vancouver. Being selected as a winner of this Emerging Playwrights competition does not guarantee a production.

For more information, visit our web site at www.solocollective.ca or contact the co-Artistic Directors by e-mail:  aaronbushkowsky at telus.net, johnna at axion.net

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4