[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Wed Mar 17 16:33:19 EST 2004

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO

BUDDIES IN BAD TIMES THEATRE AND NIGHTWOOD THEATRE
ARE NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR

The Second Annual
HYSTERIA
a festival of women
Festival Directors
Moynan King and Kelly Thornton
Assistant Festival Directors
Erika Hennebury and Natasha Mytnowych

Nov 4th-14th, 2004
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
12 Alexander St, Toronto
"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is.  I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments  that differentiate me from a doormat..." - Rebecca West.

Celebrating the voices of hysterical women,
Hysteria is a multidisciplinary festival which serves
to showcase women of all ages, working in all artistic media,
and to expose the general public to the diverse skills of the
most edgy and talented female musicians, writers, dancers,
visual and performance artists and intellectuals
from Toronto and beyond.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 15th, 2004

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We are seeking new creations as well as existing works by emerging and established artists from diverse cultural, sexual and artistic backgrounds. Submissions may include (but are not limited to): ∙ visual art, sculpture and art installations
∙ short cabaret-style performance pieces
∙ musicians, bands or new music artists
∙ new or previously produced plays
∙ short plays (30 min max)
∙ short films and videos
∙ performance art
∙ dance works (30 min max)
∙ classes and workshops
∙ proposals for full evening events
∙ new works by Youth (under-21)

Submissions must include:
a Cover Page which states:
∙ your name and contact information
∙ the medium in which you are working
∙ projected running time
∙ a brief description of the piece (maximum 30 words)

in your Submission please include
∙ a detailed project description
∙ a script, slides, video, support material etc., (if applicable)
∙ any specifics regarding your technical and venue requirements

Please keep a copy of your submission
Hysteria Participants will receive an honourarium.
All submissions will receive notice of the Festival's decision by August 1st, 2004.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 15th, 2004

Please send all submissions to:
Hysteria:  A Festival of Women
c/o Nightwood Theatre
55 Mill Street, The Case Goods Building, Suite 301
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4

(submissions will not be accepted by fax or email)

∙For more information please contact
Kelly Thornton at Nightwood Theatre at 416-944-1740 x 2 ∙ kelly at nightwoodtheatre.net
or Moynan King at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre at 416-975-9130 x 27 ∙ mking at buddiesinbadtimestheatre.com
www.nightwoodtheatre.net