[e-drive][AUDITION - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Fri Mar 26 16:51:03 EST 2004

-----------------------------
AUDITION - TORONTO
-----------------------------
Equity Showcase Theatre's production of The Power of the Dog (Director:
Christopher Brauer) is still seeking one male actor for the role of
'Stalin'. This is a highly physical, ensemble production of Howard
Barker's challenging text and we are looking for the most interesting
choice for the role, not necessarily the most 'historically accurate'.
We need a powerful, charismatic, commanding presence on stage. Age,
however, is not a factor in this production. We strongly encourage
actors of colour to apply.

Stalin is a man of both great force and extreme vulnerability. His ego
and charisma have created a cult of personality around him, and yet he
lives in fear of being nothing more than a footnote in the history
books.

Please feel free to e-mail headshots and resumes A.S.A.P to:
wilbrau at idirect.com Or mail to:
Christopher Brauer
742 Euclid Ave.,
Toronto, Ontario,
M6G 2V2
Phone: 416-531-8889 for inquiries.
Auditions will be held the week of March 29.

Rehearsals begin April 5.
Preview on May 19
Opens May 20
Closes June 5.