[e-drive][GENERAL AUDITION - VANCOUVER]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon May 3 09:26:09 EDT 2004

GENERAL AUDITION - VANCOUVER
General Audition Notice

Equity and Non-Equity

Belfry Theatre - Roy Surette, Artistic Director
Chemainus Theatre - Jeremy Tow, Artistic Director

The above 2 Vancouver Island companies will be holding General Equity
and Non-Equity Auditions on:
When: Monday, June 21 and Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Times: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Where: Belfry Theatre , Studio A, 1291 Gladstone Ave.  Victoria, BC
V8T 1G5

Please show us, as much as possible, a range of what makes you a unique
performer - we are open to being surprised!  For the audition, please
have prepared a total of:

*	2 contrasting pieces no longer than 2 minutes in length each
including at least one contemporary monologue.

This is NOT a musical audition and the theatre is NOT providing live
accompaniment.  However,

*	if the artist chooses to substitute a prepared song or movement
piece for one of the above monologues, a tape/cd player will be provided
and the artist is welcome to bring their own music.

Actors: Please forward your headshot and resume to the Belfry Theatre,
"General Auditions" before deadline of May 21st,, 2004  after which you
will be contacted to book an audition time.  NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES,
PLEASE.  (Audition time priority will be given to Equity Members and
Equity registered apprentices).  Please bring one extra photo and resume
with you to the audition.

Please Note:
*	If you have been seen by either Jeremy or Roy in the last two
years, be assured that they have you on file and will consider you for
future show auditions.
*	We have limited amount of audition spots, so if you have not
been notified of an audition time by June 16th, this means we won't be
seeing you this time around.  Again, Kate will call you ...please don't
call her!

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor