[e-drive][E-DRIVE - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - CROSS CURRENTS FESTIVAL]

caea-l-admin at list.web.net caea-l-admin at list.web.net
Fri Oct 29 09:06:11 EDT 2004

---------
E-DRIVE - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - CROSS CURRENTS FESTIVAL
---------
CrossCurrents
A festival of new work by writers of diverse cultures

Call for Submissions
Deadline: December 10, 2004

Factory Theatre is seeking new original stage plays by writers of
diverse cultures for our fourth annual CrossCurrents Festival - a new
play development program and showcase dedicated to fostering new voices
and innovative works, particularly by writers of colour.

CrossCurrents is open to both emerging and established artists, and will
present work at varying stages of development.  One act plays,
works-in-progress and proposals are welcome, though full-length plays
are preferred. Selected works will receive dramaturgical support, a
workshop with actors and a public presentation. Out-of-town playwrights
will receive travel expenses and per diem.

This year's CrossCurrents Festival will run April 8-16 in the Factory
Studio Theatre.  The festival is headed up by a powerful new team -
Producer Jean Yoon and Associate Producer Nina Aquino.

We are prescribing no theme, so scripts submitted in previous years may
be resubmitted, although new works are strongly encouraged.

We want sizzle and substance, passion and originality. Got it?  Now go!

Send us:

* A hard copy of your script, script excerpt or proposal
* A cover letter outlining your play's development history
* A self-addressed stamped envelope to:

CrossCurrents
Factory Theatre
125 Bathurst Street
Toronto  ON M5V 2R2

Deadline for submission:  December 10, 2004

Writers may also send scripts electronically to
crosscurrents at factorytheatre.ca in one of the following formats:  pdf,
word or rtf. No other formats are acceptable.

For further information about Factory Theatre, go to
www.factorytheatre.ca.

Please address all questions concerning CrossCurrents to
<crosscurrents at factorytheatre.ca>

44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor