[e-drive] E-DRIVE [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 16]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Dec 16 14:38:53 EST 2005

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 16
1. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
2. SEARS AND SWITZER WORKSHOPS - TORONTO

1. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
#1664 General Audition Technique and Canadian Monologue Study with Andy
McKim
Fri Jan 13: 10 am - 1 pm, 2 - 5 pm
Wed & Thurs 2 - 5 pm
Jan 18 - Feb 2
8 classes
CAEA $280 Non-CAEA $350
Deadline for application: Jan 5
General auditioning can be a challenge and this class will focus on the
ways an actor can take control. There are no easy rules for general
auditions but there is an approach that will show you off to your best
advantage. One element of this approach is to choose and rehearse
monologues that work for you, so we will spend the bulk of our time on
that, with the focus exclusively on Canadian plays.

# 1673 On-Camera Audition Lab Intensive with Lynne Cormack
Fri 6-10 pm, Sat 10am - 6pm and Sun 10 am - 5 pm
Jan 13 - 15
CAEA $260 Non-CAEA $330
Deadline for application: Jan 5
This is an extremely practical class involving a lot of camera time,
feedback about your work, and practice with the material. Ideal course
for those whose careers have focused mainly on theatre but would like to
expand into film and TV.

#1699 Classical Theatre Lab - Session 1
Mondays 7 - 10 pm
Jan 16 - Feb 27
7 Weeks
CAEA: $100 Non-CAEA: $125
Deadline for Application: Jan 5
Facilitators include:  Peter Van Wart, Richard Rose, Rod Ceballos,
Rosemary Dunsmore, RH Thomson and Kate Lynch

For more information and to apply online, please visit our website:
www.equityshowcase.ca or call 416-533-6100 ext. 21
2. SEARS AND SWITZER WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
SEARS & SWITZER winter 2006 workshops are now posted on
www.searsandswitzer.com or drop by the studio at 626 King St. West,
Toronto

TV COMMERCIAL WEEKEND: Sat/Sun Jan. 21-22ND, or Feb. 25-26th or April
8-9th
AUDITION SKILLS WEEKEND: Feb. 4-5th, or April 29-30th
FOCUS ON FILM ACTING: Our core workshop for actors transitioning into
film and television principal work Jan. 18-Feb. 22nd or Tues. March
21-April 25th
ADVANCING THE CAMERA RELATIONSHIP: March 22-April 26th
THE VOICE-OVER OVERVIEW WEEKEND: Sat/Sun March 25-26th

Weekend workshops are $245.00, 6-week classes $335.00 Call 416-5164612
to reserve. Canadian Actors Equity members always receive discounts of
25%.