[e-drive] E-DRIVE [ACTORS FUND BENEFIT - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Dec 23 14:10:02 EST 2005

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

ACTORS FUND BENEFIT - TORONTO

Hope and Hell Theatre presents an Actors' Fund Benefit Performance of
Hamlet (solo)
By William Shakespeare
With Raoul Bhaneja
Directed by Robert Ross Parker

January 3, 2006 AT 8:00 p.m, at Theatre Passe Muraille, Backspace

A fresh, vital, and engaging retelling of the greatest play on earth.

Hope and Hell presents a limited 11-performance run of Hamlet (solo), an exciting new one-man version of Shakespeare's Hamlet performed by one of the city's most dynamic artists, Raoul Bhaneja.

Hamlet (solo) combines the ancient art of storytelling and the modern invention of the "one-man show". Hamlet (solo) draws on influences such as Clare Coulter's intimate performance of Wallace Shawn's The Fever and Bhaneja's experience at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London while a member of the International Artistic Fellowship in 2002.

In describing his one-man version of Hamlet, Bhaneja says, "For many of us, our most powerful experience with the play Hamlet occurred on our first reading of it  outside of the theatre  where we, alone, had to conjure up the setting, characters and drama. With this production, the audience is guided through the actual text, almost in the way an ancient storyteller might do, where the actor/storyteller provides an outline or sketch of a character that the viewer extrapolates and builds upon.

TICKETS: $18
Call the Arts Box Office at 416-504-7529.

Info: www.hamletsolo.com

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4