[e-drive] E-DRIVE [JOB - MANAGER OF PHILANTHROPY - CALGARY]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Feb 2 15:06:38 EST 2005

JOB - MANAGER OF PHILANTHROPY - CALGARY
Alberta Ballet is looking for a Manager of Philanthropy to spearhead the
creation, management and execution of philanthropic fundraising
campaigns for the organization.  Alberta Ballet is one of Canada's
premier ballet companies now in its 38th year.  The Company has
developed a distinct repertoire and performance quality and has won
national and international acclaim.   We operate from an accumulated
surplus position.   Alberta Ballet's philanthropic activities are known
for their artistic flair, quality and personal attention.  Reporting
directly to the Director of Corporate Development and working
collaboratively with the organization's resource development and
marketing teams, you play a pivotal role in achieving Alberta Ballet's
mission and artistic vision.

Your role will include developing and implementing innovative
philanthropic campaigns for Alberta Ballet operations (Company and
School); overseeing the development of marketing materials and printing
associated with campaigns; managing sponsor relations; setting and
managing budgets as well as reporting in a timely manner; managing a
donor database and preparing tax receipts; managing a volunteer program;
and, representing Alberta Ballet at performances.

We seek an innovative, energetic individual with preferably a minimum of
a post-secondary diploma, degree or equivalent with demonstrated
experience in the management of philanthropic campaigns.  You are
self-motivated with proven teamwork abilities and have excellent
interpersonal and communications skills.  You have experience with
materials design and printing and the management of personal and sponsor
relations.  You have superior time management and prioritizations skills
as well as budgeting and general accounting.  You have a strong
understanding of Canada Customs and Revenue Agency rules regarding
charities, philanthropic donations and receipting. Familiarity with the
Raiser's Edge fundraising software would be an asset.  You thrive in a
challenging, vibrant arts environment and are committed to the goals of
the organization.

Ready for the challenge? If your skills match our needs, we would like
to hear from you. Please submit your resume and brief explanation of why
you believe that you are best suited for the position, by February 18th
to:

Alberta Ballet
141 - 18 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2S 0B8