[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - AUDITIONS - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Mon May 9 14:57:49 EDT 2005

----
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - AUDITIONS - TORONTO
----
Casting Call: UrbanImage Theatre presents, Mutt Unleashed

Urban Image Theatre and Mutt are seeking additional actors and
improvisers for its upcoming Toronto Fringe show tentatively called,
Mutt Unleashed. The Toronto Fringe opens on July 9th and runs until July
17th.

Further details will be announced as more information becomes available
from the Fringe Committee.

This is a challenging endeavour as it will be both written and performed
by the main cast. Opportunities will extend beyond the Toronto Fringe
Festival as we are regularly testing new material in comedy venues
around Toronto in preparation for the Fringe.

In addition to our main core of players, we also will require other
actors as sketches develop.

Mutt is a sketch and improv troupe committed to the belief that comedy
comes in all shapes, colours, and sizes, Mutt celebrates (and makes fun
of) our collective cultural heritage, gender and physical abilities
among other things.

We're looking for male and female actors, improvisers and comedy writers
(19 years of age and older) who represent Toronto's diversity (people
with disabilities*, differing cultural backgrounds, etc.). This is a
project in which collaboration with others is paramount. We will
generate material through both improvisation and writing.
We are also looking for performers who are not interested in the writing
process but will be needed as sketches develop.

Actors and improvisers who represent an aspect of Toronto's diversity
(cultural, ability, etc.) with previous experience in improv and sketch
will be given priority. Interested performers must be available for at
least 2 rehearsals a week plus interim gigs.

Unfortunately due to the venues in which we test our material, only
people 19+ will be considered.

Mutt's mandate:
With a population of over 3 million people, almost half of Toronto's
residents are non-white and roughly 15% have disabilities yet performers
who have disabilities and/ or are not white are grossly
under-represented on Toronto's stages. Mutt was born of a need to narrow
these gaps by creating a comedy troupe that is as diverse as the city in
which it performs. The philosophy being that by putting performers on
stage who reflect the rich mosaic of Toronto's communities, more
performers from our perspective communities will attend, and in turn be
inspired to tell their own stories-thus breaking gender, race and
ability barriers.

Please submit headshots (no bigger than 100kb, please), resumes and
further inquiries to:

Kat Germain
katgermain at yahoo.com
http://www.katgermain.com
Mutt\'s site: http://www3.sympatico.ca/katgermain

*The venue schedule has not yet been released by the Fringe Festival so
unfortunately, we can not confirm that the performance venue will be
accessible for persons using wheelchairs. We do however welcome all
performers to audition and to also submit writing pieces.

Equity members participating in this production will be signed to a
Fringe waiver and all net proceeds from the production will be divided
equally among the participants.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor