[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Tue May 24 15:28:06 EDT 2005

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO
We are looking for actors for Roseneath Theatre's production of "Spirit
Horse" by Greg Banks adapted by Drew Hayden Taylor.

"Spirit Horse" will be a premiere of a 55 minute drama/adventure for
children in Junior grades.  The play will be directed by U.K. director
Greg Banks (Samuel Beckett Award for Theatre).  This is a great
opportunity for local actors to work with a superb theatre artist.

NOTE:  "Spirit Horse" is the story of a First Nations family.

Please make submissions:

(a)	by e-mail casting at roseneath.ca (preferred)

(b)	by mail to:  Casting, Roseneath Theatre,
			289 Durie Street, Toronto, ON  M6S 3G2

Auditions:  June 13 in the Guild Room of  Equity Showcase Theatre (call
backs on the 15th)

Dates:
Rehearsals : March 20 - April 9, 2006  (Workshop: week of October 10,
2005)
Tour : April 10 - June 4, 2006

The tour will be largely to schools in Ontario with select festival
dates.  Actors will be expected to help assembling a simple set.

Fees and per diems are above Equity minimums.

We are casting for actors who are experienced theatre performers and who
can play multiple roles with clarity and emotional truth.

A young actress (twenties) who will play Angelina (age 9) and other
roles.  Emotionally vulnerable.  A rough feel.  Not comfortable middle
class.

A young actor (twenties) who will play Johnny (age 13) and other roles.

A mid-range actor (thirties to early forties) who will play Pa and other
roles.  Once was the King of the Rodeo, now down on his luck.

Roseneath Theatre is committed to issues of social equity in all aspects
of our society. Casting descriptions are based on text. We welcome
applications from all competent artists.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.