[e-drive] TORONTO: Theatre Passe Muraille Actors' Fund benefit Oct. 23

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Oct 20 23:27:09 EDT 2005

Theatre Passe Muraille presents an Actors' Fund Benefit Performance of

"Pusha Man/ Born Ready"

Written by Joseph Jomo Pierre Directed by Philip Akin

Sunday, October 23, 8pm

Tickets: $15 Box Office: 416-504-7529 or www.artsboxoffice.ca

How do you find respect, money and power? Two hip-hop plays about fear,
manhood, isolation and the need for community.

"(Joseph) Pierre's major strength at this point is the uncanny accuracy of
his dialogue" "The three member cast is superb" "I'd recommend this
evening as an introduction to Joseph Pierre, a writer I bet we'll be
hearing a lot more from in the future" - Richard Ouzounian, Toronto Star

"the richness and compassion of the writing take Born Ready to some
surprising, compelling places" "(Cara) Rickett's performance is a master
class in stage poise and poetry.." "(director) Philip Akin allows the
writing and the passion that animates (the piece) to be heard loud and
clear" - Kamal Al-Solaylee, Globe and Mail

--
David Hope, CGA
Executive Director

The Actors' Fund of Canada
10 St. Mary Street, Suite 860
Toronto, ON  M4Y 1P9

Telephone: (416) 975-0304 (toll-free 1-877-399-8392)
Fax: (416) 975-0306
e-mail: execdir at actorsfund.ca
Web site: www.actorsfund.ca

updates on Actors' Fund events in your community and other Actors' Fund
news. Click on http://www.actorsfund.ca/join.php to
subscribe.**************