[e-drive] E-DRIVE [JOB - APPRENTICE STAGE MANAGER - CHEMAINUS, BC]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Feb 7 17:32:21 EST 2006

JOB - APPRENTICE STAGE MANAGER - CHEMAINUS, BC

Chemainus Theatre Festival is looking for an Apprentice Stage Manager
for their 2006-2007 Season

Apprenticeship dates:  early August 2006 - September 2007. Application
deadline: March 13, 2006

This Apprenticeship Position is designed for individuals with formal,
post-secondary theatre training bridging the gap into their careers. The
position's purpose is to provide a rich, intensive residency of
experience working in a professional theatre with a variety of seasoned
artists.

Primary components of the position: Apprentice SM under our resident and
guest Stage Managers on 5 mainstage productions.

Qualifications:  Intention to become a professional Stage Manager.
Strong organizational and people skills, with a good knowledge of
rehearsal procedures and protocol.  Experience and resourcefulness in
handling emergency situations. We are looking for an enthusiastic
individual with an attitude for life-long learning. Equity Apprentice
credits possibly available on all 5 shows.

To apply, email, fax, or mail cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Alex Currie, Resident Stage Manager
Email: acurrie at chemainustheatre.ca
FAX: (250) 246-2324
Mail:
Chemainus Theatre Festival
Bag 1000
9574 Bare Point Road
Chemainus, BC
V0R 1K5

Candidates will be contacted for an interview process.

Chemainus Theatre Festival provides furnished housing, and a weekly
stipend for living expenses

For more information, visit our Education webpage at:
www.chemainustheatrefestival.ca