[e-drive] EDRIVE [ANDIS CELMS MEMORIAL - OTTAWA]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Jan 18 10:01:37 EST 2006

ANDIS CELMS MEMORIAL - OTTAWA
In tribute to our friend, the late and great Andis Celms, who died
suddenly this past December 1, 2005 at his home in Vancouver, at the age
of 67, a group of people have joined with the National Arts Centre, in
Ottawa, to host a party in celebration of the life and times of one of
Canada's foremost men of the theatre. A memorial service, hosted by his
wife Susan and children Julian and Sabrina, was held in Vancouver on
December 10. Here in Ottawa, and Ontario, where he spent so much of his
lifetime, we felt the need to gather in remembrance of Andis and to
party the way we think he would have wanted us to do-in the tradition of
the big shop parties of yore at the NAC.

YOU ARE INVITED
to join with  friends and colleagues, family and admirers as we honour
Andis Celms

THE LAST GREAT ANDIS CELMS
"SHOP PARTY"
Celebrate Andis the man and his many contributions to Canadian theatre.
Remember the gifts he shared with us, over the years.
Party down and have fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHEN: Saturday, February 4th, 2005 starting at 8:00 PM 'til late
WHERE: in the scenic carpentry shop, NAC (enter by stage door)
WHAT: drinking, eating, remembrances, dancing, and noisy socializing!

STRICT DRESS CODE: Ascots (or good facsimile) for all! J
c a s h   b a r   a t   m i n i m a l   p r i c e s
live music by
T H E   S N E E Z Y   W A T E R S   B A N D
RSVP TO: andiscelmsebration at hotmail.com by January 26th

Call for food helpers!
*	We are asking that the food be provided on an "organized pot
luck" basis by members of the Ottawa Theatre/Arts Community
(Jan Irwin and Claudia Buckley are coordinating).
*	PLEASE EMAIL JAN OR CLAUDIA... claudiacbuckley at hotmail.com or
jirwin2502 at rogers.com
to let them know if you can bring one of:
*Crackers and cheese *Fresh veggie tray *Baguette and butter *Meats/Fish
tray *Olives and pickles *Other finger foods

PLEASE COME! & TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

NOTE: for those travelling to Ottawa,
early bookings at special $109/night rate are available at the Capital
Hill Hotel/Suites, formerly the Beacon Arms Hotel (or fondly known by
many as the " Broken Arms") & recently renovated, very central.  Call
direct to: Erin Brophy, Operations Manager 613-235-1413 ex 155

PLEASE POST OR PASS THIS EMAIL INVITATION ALONG TO OTHERS

If you have memorable pictures, drawings, renderings, personal messages
and so on that you would like to share with those at the party, please
send them along, to  NAC English Theatre (c/o Sue Roy Box 1534 Station B
Ottawa, K1P 5W1)     (or by fax: 613-943-1401). If you need them back,
send a self-addressed envelope as well, please.

The committee working with the NAC to make this event happen are
Victoria Steele, Claudia Buckley, Curtis Barlow, Michael Tabbitt, Peter
Feldman, Julian Celms, Jan Irwin, Alex Gazale, Ziggy Galko, Gerry Grace,
Rick Lussier, and Michael Dobbin. (Direct your questions either to the
RSVP email address above or call Dobbin 613-796-5268)