[e-drive] EDRIVE [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 16]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Jun 15 12:39:38 EDT 2006

---------------------------------------
WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 16
---------------------------------------
1. INTRODUCTORY CLOWN INTENSIVE - TORONTO
2. SEARCHING FOR HANA - TORONTO
3. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO

1. INTRODUCTORY CLOWN INTENSIVE - TORONTO
with Edith Tankus and Adam Paolozza

This introductory workshop is the beginning of the journey: we'll dip
in our toes, test the water and share our discoveries with our peers in
an
informal public showing on the last day, Thursday June 29. Ideal for
performing artists of all disciplines and welcome to non-performers and
anyone with a strong desire to discover their inner idiot.

WHERE: School of Toronto Dance Theatre 80 Winchester St. (East of
Parliament and North of Carlton on Winchester St.)
WHEN: June 23-29 (6-10pm weekdays, 2:30-6:30 on Saturday 24th and
3:30-7:30 on Sunday 25th)
PRICE: $500 (GST incl.) Non-Union
       $400 (GST incl.) Union (CAEA, CADA, ACTRA)
CONTACT: Adam Paolozza 416-454-3208 or clownworkshop at gmail.com
check out www.edithtankus.com for more details...

**CLASS SIZE LIMITED**
-------------------------------
2. SEARCHING FOR HANA - TORONTO
-------------------------------
Searching for Hana: Exploration for the Vocally Inquisitive With Kate
Hennig

An integrated practice for voice, body, and text, this work is inspired
by Peter Brook, Tadashi Suzuki, Eugenio Barba, Joseph Chaikin and
others.

July 3 and 4 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Nightwood Studio in the Distillery 4
sessions, you can take one or more. $170 non-Equity, $45 per session
$132 Equity, $36 per session For more information contact Kate at
miskate at allstream.net

Kate Hennig has a MA from the Central School of Speech and Drama, and
has taught at NTS, U. of T., McGill, Humber, and Magnetic North
Festival.
--------------------------------------
3. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
--------------------------------------
# 1753 Character and Animation Voice Over Intensive with Roland
Parliament
Jul 15 - 16, Sat & Sun 10 am - 6 pm CAEA $300 Non-CAEA $375
Deadline for application: Jun 29
Designed for the actor who wishes to extend his or her vocal
capabilities for commercial and animation work

# 1745 Intro to Camera Work: From Background to Foreground with Steve
Behal
Jul 11 - 27, Tues & Thurs 10 am - 1:30 pm, CAEA $290 Non-CAEA $310
Deadline for application: Jun 29
This class is specifically designed for actors with little or no
on-camera experience - perhaps background or apprentice performers
wanting to move into speaking parts or commercials or beginner actors
looking for a safe place to work in front of the camera.

For more information or to apply online, please visit
www.equityshowcase.ca or call 416-533-6100 ext. 21

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com