[e-drive] E-DRIVE [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 19]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Thu May 18 12:43:10 EDT 2006

--------------------------------------
WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 19
--------------------------------------
1. DRAMAWORKS 2006 - EDMONTON
2. INTRODUCTORY CLOWN INTENSIVE - TORONTO
3. CLOWN WORKSHOP - TORONTO
4. SCENE STUDY INTENSIVE - TORONTO
5. LECOQ WORKSHOP - MONTREAL

1. DRAMAWORKS 2006 - EDMONTON
-----------------------------
Dramaworks 2006: Professional Development Workshops by Theatre Alberta
at the Citadel Theatre

Commedia with Brian Dooley, Shakespeare with Scott Swan, playwriting
with Kevin Kerr, stage combat with Paul Gelineau, political theatre
with Jane Heather ... Dramaworks 2006 has all this and more!

Where: Citadel Theatre, Edmonton
When: July 6-9 and 13-16, 2006 (3.5- and 2.5-day workshops available)
Cost: CAEA $144-$180, non-CAEA $180-$225

For more information, contact Dawn Tracey at Theatre Alberta:
780-422-8162 dramaworks at theatrealberta.com
http://theatrealberta.com/dramaworks.htm
2. INTRODUCTORY CLOWN INTENSIVE - TORONTO
with Edith Tankus and Adam Paolozza

Explore your clown and discover your own unique sense of humour. The
clown is you unmasked.  Your idiosyncratic, ridiculous, vulnerable,
contrary you. Through improvisation and games enter the world of play
and discover how to have immediate contact with your audience, how to
expose the ridiculous in yourself and how to become a channel for the
unexpected.
This introductory workshop is the beginning of the journey: we'll dip in
our toes, test the water and share our discoveries with our peers in an
informal public showing on the last day, Thursday June 29. Ideal for
performing artists of all disciplines and welcome to non-performers and
anyone with a strong desire to discover their inner idiot.

WHERE: School of Toronto Dance Theatre 80 Winchester St. (East of
Parliament and North of Carlton on Winchester St.)
WHEN: June 23-29 (6-10pm weekdays, 2:30-6:30 on Saturday 24th and
3:30-7:30 on Sunday 25th)
PRICE: $502 (GST incl.) Non-Union
       $400 (GST incl.) Union (CAEA, CADA, ACTRA)
CONTACT: Adam Paolozza 416-454-3208 or clownworkshop at gmail.com
check out www.edithtankus.com for more details...

**CLASS SIZE LIMITED**
---------------------------
3. CLOWN WORKSHOP - TORONTO
---------------------------
Theatre Columbus - Clown Workshop

Taught by Lecoq graduate, co-founder & co-AD of Theatre Columbus, Leah
Cherniak. This is a workshop into the world of clown; with a red nose, a
pair of shoes, perhaps a suitcase, as both a refresher or an
introductory course.

May 30-June 2, 1-5pm (16 hours)
Helen Gardiner Phelan Playhouse
79A St. George Street, at Harbord

Cost: CAEA $144.00, non CAEA $180.00

send a bio and letter to: dnewman at theatrecolumbus.ca, call 416.504.0019
and see our web-site: www.theatrecolumbus.ca
----------------------------------
4. SCENE STUDY INTENSIVE - TORONTO
----------------------------------
L.A. Acting Coach John Kirby Scene Study Intensive!

Great chance to learn from Hollywood's best. Only a few spots left!

Weekend intensive: June 9th & 10th
Equity Members: $235
Non Equity: $295
Call: 905-507-6883
----------------------------
5. LECOQ WORKSHOP - MONTREAL
----------------------------
Lecoq Pedagogical Workshop - ONLY TWO PLACES LEFT !!!!

Where: Montreal
When: May 28, 29, 30, 31
Times: 10-6 each day
Who: Norman Taylor (A long time associate of Jacques Lecoq)
What: We will investigate Jacques Lecoq's poetic approach to theatre
through physical analysis, improvisation, and observation.

This will be ideal for those interested in a new understanding of
Lecoq's work or those already experienced and interested in working
their creative muscles with a mind towards teaching the material.

Cost: $250, Equity members $150 (ONLY TWO SPOTS LEFT)

Contact:  Attila Clemann at attilaclemann at mac.com or (514) 603-9406

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com