[e-drive] E-drive [Call for submissions: Remembering David Renton]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Thu May 25 13:53:16 EDT 2006

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice.

---------------------------------
Call for submissions: Remembering David Renton
---------------------------------

Earlier this month, Equity member, friend and colleague David Renton passed away. David had a long and illustrious career in this country and was a founding member of so many projects and institutions in Nova Scotia - of which Neptune Theatre, ACTRA Maritimes and PAL Halifax are but a few.

On June 12th, the theatre and film community in Halifax will join in an evening of remembrance and celebration of the life of David Renton. The event will be held - most appropriately - at Neptune Theatre.  We know that David had friends across the country and we wish to reach out to those friends to solicit memories and anecdotes of this remarkable man.

If you have a particular memory or anecdote of David that you would like to contribute to the event, please send it by email to gvermeir at actra.ca, or record it on audio tape or MP3 or on video or digital tape and send it to:
ACTRA Maritimes
103 - 1660 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS  B3J 1V7.

We intend to create montages of your thoughts, stories and memories as part of what promises to be a tremendous evening.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
tel: 416-867-9165