[e-drive] E-DRIVE [DISCOUNT TICKET DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 17]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Nov 17 15:11:48 EST 2006

DISCOUNT TICKET DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 17
1. RITTER, DENE, VOSS - TORONTO
2. MUSICAL THEATRE FESTIVAL - TORONTO
3. THE MASTER BUILDER - KINGSTON

1. RITTER, DENE, VOSS - TORONTO
-------------------------------
Half price tickets for Equity members (only $10-$12!) for the
English-language premiere of RITTER, DENE, VOSS by Austria's great
playwright, Thomas Bernhard. Starring SHANNON PERREAULT, MAEV BEATY &
GREG THOMAS. Directed by Adam Seelig. Presented by One Little Goat
Theatre Co.  NOV 17 - DEC 3; Tue - Sat 8pm, Sun PWYC; Alchemy Theatre,
133 Tecumseth St (1 block SW of Queen & Bathurst). www.OneLittleGoat.org
, TIX 416-915-0201.

-------------------------------
2. MUSICAL THEATRE FESTIVAL - TORONTO
-------------------------------

The first ever Canadian Musical Theatre Festival opens next week. A full
schedule is listed below.  This pioneering event will feature
performances, readings and showcases of musicals of the past, present
and future.

Tickets to all events are $10.00 ($8.00 for Equity members).

Full Festival Schedule: http://northernriver.com/slcmtf2006.html
Tickets: http://www.mirvish.com/SalesAgent/index.html (scroll to the
bottom)
Theatre Map: http://www.toronto.ca/todmorden/images/map_large.jpg

Address: Papermill Theatre, Toronto, 67 Pottery Road

- Wednesday November 22, 8:00 PM - Symposium on The Canadian Musical
Theatre
"Where We've Been, Where We Are, and Where We're Going", Moderated by
Richard Ouzounian

- Thursday November 23, 8:00 PM
A Tribute To Norman Campbell, (Composer of Anne Of Green Gables, The
Wonder Of it All, Turvey) The Establishment Of The Norman Campbell Award
for Canadian Musical Theatre Writers and a reading of TURVEY, A musical
by Norman Campbell, Elaine Campbell and Don Harron

- Friday November 24, 8:00 PM
A Showcase Reading of FIREWEEDS (Women Of The Klondike) by Cathy Elliott

- Saturday November 25, 2:00-5:00 PM
Showcase Readings of Musicals In Development

- Hot Dog (Nelles Van Loon), The Elusive Tart (Clive VanderBurgh), Love
Me (Robert Swerdlow, Vinetta Strombergs, Justine Collective) and I Just
Dance (David Warrack)

- Saturday November 25, 8:00 PM
A Showcase Reading of THE GIANT'S GARDEN by Scott White and Peter Fenton

- Sunday November 26, 2:00-5:00 PM
SONGWRITERS' SHOWCASE A Concert Of Songs from Musicals In Development

--------------------------------
3. THE MASTER BUILDER - KINGSTON
--------------------------------
Theater Kingston presents:
"The Master Builder"
by Henrik Ibsen
Nov 22-Dec 2, 2006
Wellington Street Theatre, Kingston, ON

Architect Halvard Solness has become desperate in his middle age feeling
his inspiration slipping away. A young woman from the past walks into
his life and Solness begins to see a second chance for himself. But has
she come to save him or to destroy him - or both?
Featuring Matthew Gibson and Elena Juatco.
Equity Discount: $12. Reg $22
Call 613-544-2021 to reserve.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
communications at caea.com