[e-drive] E-DRIVE [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 8]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Sep 8 14:52:20 EDT 2006

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 8
1. CREATIVE MOVEMENT - VANCOUVER
2. ON-CAMERA AUDITIONING - TORONTO
3. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO

1. CREATIVE MOVEMENT - VANCOUVER
--------------------------------
Creative Movement Workshop for Performing Artists

October 13 - 15, 2006

Susannah Steers is the founder of Moving Spirit, Her workshop offers an
active exploration of movement as an integral part of the creative
process.
This workshop is presented by Moving Spirit with the generous assistance
of the Canadian Actors Equity Association's Professional Development
Fund.

At "The Office", 500 - 68 Water St., Vancouver, BC
Equity Members:  $50
Non-Equity:  $80
For more information, contact Lisa Bunting at (604) 812-3055
----------------------------------
2. ON-CAMERA AUDITIONING - TORONTO
----------------------------------
Level I - for those with limited or no auditioning or camera experience
Level II - for those who have taken classes before and want to enhance
their auditioning or on-camera technique.

Level I - Saturdays, September 23 & 30, 12-4pm
Level II - Sundays, September 24 & October 1, 1-5pm
Course Fee: Equity/ACTRA $112 / non-union $140
Materials Fee: $5
Class Location: Centre for the Arts, Toronto
263 Adelaide Street West (at John St.)
5th floor - Suite 513
TO REGISTER OR FOR INFORMATION: EMAIL rasikarts at yahoo.com
--------------------------------------
#1800  Introductory Voice Training for the Camera and Stage with David
Smukler
Tues & Thurs 5:30-7:30pm  Sept 26 - Nov  2  (12 classes)   CAEA $310
Non-CAEA $390   Deadline for application: Sep 12
#1804 American Dialects with David Smukler
Wed 5:30- 7:30pm  Sept 27 - Nov 1 (6 classes)  CAEA $200 Non-CAEA $250
Deadline for application: Sept 14
#1805 Neutral North American Accent for Business and Performance with
David Smukler
Wed 7:45 - 9:45pm  Sept 27 - Nov  1 (6 classes)  CAEA $200 Non-CAEA $250
Deadline for application: Sep 14
# 1819 Alexander Technique Intensive with Kelly McEvenue
Sat & Sun 1 - 5 pm  Sept 30 & Oct 1  CAEA $90  Non-CAEA $125  Deadline
for application: Sept 19
# 1828 Theatre Feast with Mark Bowden
Tues 7 - 10pm  Sept 26 - Oct 17 (4 classes)  CAEA $110 Non-CAEA $140
Deadline for application: Sept 14
# 1832 Be a Storyteller for One or One Thousand with Michele George
Sat & Sun 10am- 6pm  Sept 23 & 24  CAEA $200 Non-CAEA $250  Deadline for
application: Sept 14
#1843 Voice Over Intensive - Television, Radio and Narration (Part I)
with Elva Mai Hoover
Sat & Sun 10am - 5pm Sept 23 - 24  CAEA $300 Non-CAEA $375  Deadline for
application: Sept 14
For more information and to apply online, please visit
www.equityshowcase.ca or call 416-533-6100 ext. 21

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com