[e-drive] E-DRIVE [THEATRE MUSEUM OF CANADA - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Apr 13 12:20:11 EDT 2007

----------------------------------
THEATRE MUSEUM OF CANADA - TORONTO
----------------------------------
Theatre Museum Canada has another free event coming up.

It is the 2nd in our Theatre Museum Goes Backstage spring series.

On the evening of Monday April 23 we will look at the future of Canadian
theatre with a lively panel exploring ways that some theatres are
reaching new audiences.

We have a great group of people that will be able to look at this issue
from a number of perspectives.

Moderated by Yvette Nolan and Donna-Michelle St. Bernard
(both of Native Earth Performing Arts), our guest panellists include:

David S. Craig
(Artistic Director of Roseneath Theatre)

Catherine Hernandez
(a writer whose work with Fu-Gen Theatre includes the recent SINGKIL at
Factory Studio)

John Karastamatis
(Director of Communications, Mirvish Productions)

This event will take place at Theatre Passe Muraille (16 Ryerson Avenue)

Doors open at 6:30 with a 7pm start.

Admission is free and it will be followed by a reception with cash bar.

Please RSVP by e-mail (info at TheatreMuseumCanada.ca)
or call me at 416-413-7847

Our last Theatre Museum Goes Backstage event looked at the role of the
stage manager and was extremely popular with our audience, many of whom
said they had no idea so much went on backstage. Some of the stage
mangers on the panel admitted to being slightly nervous at the beginning
(they do after all prefer to remain behind-the-scenes), but ended up
having a good time too.

Please feel free to invite friends and family that you think might be
interested.

Thanks again for your interest in Theatre Museum Canada.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com